View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
NCheaven

City: Chocowinity, (Cypress Landing) NC
Vessel Name: Boatwright
Vessel Model: Camano 31
Thanks for your comments on the Helmsman and Camano 31s. I've been on board two Helmsman 31s, (Trawlerfest 2016 Kent Island) and they are so beautiful. The layout is outstanding, feels like a bigger boat inside. The folding radar arch is a big plus. No question, Helmsman created an outstanding design. The boat is approximately 2,000 pounds heavier than the Camano 31 and the prices are so much higher. The last time I looked, perhaps two were listed on Yachtworld under "Helmsman". Great to see the Camano concept, hull and overall design updated so beautifully by Helmsman! It's a great validation of the Camano quality, original design and lasting value - building on a great reputation.

By the way, there's an older Mainship 34 on my dock - Mark I or Mark II, looks great, well cared for. Talk about validating a great original concept from the 1970s and 1980s! Mainship has been a significant innovator and developer in the trawler world for decades - a great legacy. I know you enjoy your Mainship 43 - great picture.

Alex
NCheaven is offline   Reply With Quote