Garmin 4208 chart plotter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsboat

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
Just got down to the boat put on my chart plotter to check tides.The chart plotter shows the date as March 13 1999 .How do I correct this? The chart plotter show full strength. The tides ,current and celestial are all for March 13 1999. Tom

Full strength? Not sure what that means.

Have you used it before? Has it been off for an extended time or moved a great distance without being turned on? The actual date/time should be set from the GPS signal. Give it some time. See if there's anything in the documentation about it.

Garmin

I used the boat the hold season was out a few days ago.I having trouble with my depth finder also. tom

Compare the software version to what’s on the Garmin website. You can call Garmin and ask.

Are the chart plotter, GPS sensor or antenna, and depth finder/transducer/sounder module networked? Perhaps there's something preventing all of the parts talking to each other. Have you made any wiring changes lately?

Gps

Garmin said 4208 GPS version 7.80 has to be updated sent me to sight now all I have to do is get it loaded to my Mac to a FD card.Check out your 4208 GPS. Tom

Garmin said 4208 GPS version 7.80 has to be updated sent me to sight now all I have to do is get it loaded to my Mac to a FD card.Check out your 4208 GPS. Tom

Hope that fixes it for you. I also have the GPSMAP 4208 which I updated a few months ago from the Garmin website.:)

Thread moved from "Marlow - Mainship" to "Electrical and Electronics & Navigation"

I posted a problem I had on my Garmin 4208 chart plotter it was showing the date as march 23 1999 on my tide chart.I found out it had to be up dated on a SD card and then installed to my Garmin.I got ahold of Garmin and they sent me the link which I installed and now all is well.This Garmin came with the boat which is a 2007 Mainship,check to make sure you don't have the same problem on your chart plotter. Tom

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom