View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #19
Scratchnsaw

City: SOBX North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
I remember the days before OTDE.

We threw some smelly tomatoes to be sure and when OTDE started I said to myself “well I’ll check it out later”. That time never came. Just didn’t have the interest. Now I have even less interest. I did make a Harbor Chat post recently. Need to follow up on that too.

My biggest complaint now is that TF is a bit boring. Too many topics that have gone around the horn too many times. And now so many more people to answer questions.

I actually do more boating stuff on FB now. Builders forums ect. WAY different than TF but some things are the same like the notion that one needs epoxy to build a boat. But my forum time is much more spread out. I like the pics and stories about converting sailboats to trawlers. And the super simple boats built from mostly ingenuity and not plans. And some old traditional stuff like Chesapeke Deadrise boats built in an open shed down south.

But I’ve got a lot of roots here from 07 and probably will always “drop in”.
You could not pay me enough to discuss much of anything especially boats on FB. Instagram has some pretty cool pictures and it can be a non-stop pictorial of stuff I particularly enjoy in my declining years. And I can look at the pictures in a larger format too.

Reading is for good eyed and younger folks too, which is not me either. So long threads with a lot of well written stuff lasting pages have long past for me. I do appreciate that people do that the time to create those types of threads..

As it relates to people with strong opinions, well that does not really bother me when it comes to politics. I can move right along and totally ignore those types of posts. Unlike one previous post on this topic, I don't really judge someone because of their political beliefs.

This is different from wanting to spend my days with someone listening to a rant about politics and political positions. That and religion is not something that is worth a lot of effort and time discussing either in the current climate. So its best to let opinions roll off my back and move along to more pressing matters like the weather and if I can get out on the water in comfort.