Lurker surfacing and why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike GB32

Vessel Name
Giddy II
Vessel Make
1974 Grand Banks 32
Hello All,
Like a lot of other folks I’ve been lurking here for a while- about a year- and decided to introduce myself.
I’m a life long boater. My wife and I had, up until recently, been boating on the south shore of Long Island, New York together for more than 10 years in our 1974 24’ Sea Ray cuddy. We loved that boat but wanted to be able to spend more time on the water and eventually do some traveling after retirement. So we searched and about a year ago we found our ‘dream boat’, a 1974 Grand Banks 32, and brought her from Boston to her new home here on the Connetquot River. She’s a fixer-upper and we’re doing almost all the work ourselves. We’re both very handy and enjoying the process.
Lurking here has been rewarding. A few search words and a click of the mouse will yield an abundance of good information on a variety of topics.
So, I’d like to tell you my reason for this introduction-
I had some time today and read 7 pages (125 posts!) of a thread entitled “Crossroads-Retirement and cruise or continue to work?” here on the forum. I was so genuinely moved by the thoughtful, heartfelt, intelligent responses that I thought it’s time to, hopefully, contribute and give back to this community just as others have.
So, to begin- I have questions about anchors...
Just kidding!

Welcome aboard

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Anchors? HAH! You have been lurking!

200w.gif

Mike: we spend many a summer day on the river. It’s my favorite “go to” spot on the Great South Bay. Stop by if you see us anchored.

Welcome Aboard! Thanks for the anchor laugh.

Mike, you will fit in here just fine!

Welcome to Trawler Forum

Welcome aboard TF
I fitting intro... searching and paying attention... topped with a touch a humor.
We need more like you
Good luck with the adventures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom