Burgee Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick a burgee(s), top 4 will move on to final poll

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 10 11.6%

Votes: 11 12.8%

Votes: 36 41.9%

Votes: 17 19.8%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 10 11.6%

Votes: 22 25.6%

Votes: 5 5.8%

Votes: 24 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

firstbase

Guru
Vessel Name
Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42' Classic
Here are the burgee's shown in the poll. Multiple choices allowed:

Attachments

• Burgees.jpg
    Burgees.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
RTF, to quote a friend of mine.....

Attachments

• GM.jpg
    GM.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 111
Roses are red
Violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic,
And so am I.

That reminds me of the story of Harry the two headed midget...er.. small person. He was in love with Susan the fat lady...er..plus size person and......

The full moon is on the 24th.

Should there be a 2 or 3?

Should there be a 2 or 3?

No. I tried to match them to Crusty's numbers to make it easier on those who made their choice in his survey. He left out a #2. I took out the blue drink koozie as it wasn't on a burgee and the poll only allowed 10 choices.

Anybody keeping a count on Crusty's survey? I assume the two match up? Dueling polls....banjo music in the background... :) Quite appropriate for mid-term election time.

Last edited:
Burgee #2 From Crusty's Survey

Attachments

• Burgee #2.jpeg
    Burgee #2.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Burgee #2 Mirror.jpeg
    Burgee #2 Mirror.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,213
Last edited:
Lots of good choices. While I think it could use some more tweaking, imo, #10 is more initially eye catching. The AGLCA burgee I posted in the other thread, immediately draws your eye to it and is easily recognizable.

Ted

firstbase

I wonder if folks realize that the ones that are not symmetrical will result in one of two possibilities...

1. second side will be mirror image of the logo
2. cost will be 2X to do a 2 sided burgee

At a minimum... when we get to the finals this should be part of the decision making

Also - Imagine that the thumbnail size is about what one will see at a distance... it will not be the larger images unless you are aboard the vessel.

Attachments

• Burgees Front.jpg
    Burgees Front.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Burgees Mirror.jpg
    Burgees Mirror.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Agreed. It was all discussed, double sided, etc. but some seem to want their favorite in their so...Just trying to advance this and bring it to a close. We can regroup on them once we weed out a few I guess? We should probably close down my poll and go with Crusty's. Too confusing and apparently I left out his #2 somehow.

Agreed. It was all discussed, double sided, etc. but some seem to want their favorite in their so...Just trying to advance this and bring it to a close. We can regroup on them once we weed out a few I guess?

Understand and agree - should be considered when we get to the finals.

Maybe we can / should make sure to include at least the top one(s) that could be single sided / lower $ in the finals

Sure we can do so. Seeing as how there are no rules, no committee, no ABYC standards, no nothing...we can use artistic license as needed. Sort of laughing as Jeff F started all of this .....where did he go?!?!

We can regroup on them once we weed out a few I guess?
Agree. If a clear winner does not emerge (which does not seem to be happening) then we should narrow it down to the top few and do another poll.

We could, if we wanted, do a sort of playoff thing -- narrow to the top four, then a final of the top two.

There are 3 that are substantially ahead. Maybe take those 3 and add in the ones, I believe two of them, that had a bye week (meaning somehow got left out) and narrow to two. Be aware, two of the three leaders will have to be double sided which of course ups the cost.

I like #4 because it matches the flag of Sweden where my Albin was built. As for #8, how many here have "Trawlers" equipped with nets?

I like #4 because it matches the flag of Sweden where my Albin was built. As for #8, how many here have "Trawlers" equipped with nets?

I get your point but if you look closely at the rig there are no nets and as far as I can see it isn't necessarily for nets. Could be flopper stoppers! But I get your point. It was just a trial pic to get things going. Apparently it worked.

Last edited:
My creep towards retaining my Confederate battle flag:oldman: is raging towards a confirmation of retaining my Confederate battle flag.:speed boat: When ever the final choice viewed flying within my vision, I will rush to introduce myself as a TF member welcoming with a "Alaska Amber".:flowers:3w
:angel:

Well a couple of us could post some drafts for you but we would most likely end up on the "Do Not Allow Entry" list....

Since the other post is now closed, I took the liberty of summarizing the results. Please see below.
24 posts with votes, I counted each vote as a unit of one.

1st #6 with 17 votes
2nd #5 and #9 with 8 votes each
4th #7 with 7 votes
5th #4 and #12 with 3 votes each
7th #3 and #1 with 2 votes each
8th #2 with 1 vote

Somebody please double check my numbers if possible. Dont know if we can use this info as individuals may have, and probably have voted in both.

Ill hold off voting again, I think.

My creep towards retaining my Confederate battle flag:oldman: is raging towards a confirmation of retaining my Confederate battle flag.:speed boat: When ever the final choice viewed flying within my vision, I will rush to introduce myself as a TF member welcoming with a "Alaska Amber".:flowers:3w
:angel:

Hmmmm, dont recall seeing the Confederate Battle Flag........But the “Redneck” was highly visible, even during the Summer rain storms we observed....LOL
Who would have thought that an Alaskan Redneck carrying a 12 pack of Alaskan Amber could become a life long friend!!!
Cheers my friend.

Wait. R we looking to actually fly the winner? On board boats? To show how proud we are to know one another? Or to bum a free drink? Or get a pump worked on or??

Wait. R we looking to actually fly the winner? On board boats? To show how proud we are to know one another? Or to bum a free drink? Or get a pump worked on or??

Even without a burgee flying, several members have come to the rescue in repairs. Now most times this has required a few libations, strictly to analyze the situation of course. Maybe it was a few libations to discuss future repairs, it does get confusing.

Just a li'l bumpity bump, in case anyone hasn't voted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom