AHOY - New member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustInTime

Hello everyone,
Thought I would say hello and introduce myself a bit.
I am originally from Virginia, grew up here and have been around boats all my life. Jumping a bit ahead after college I moved to Florida where I became a SCUBA Instructor. Which then led me to getting my Captains license and running dive charters for almost 12 years.
I then moved over seas for a good 10 years traveling and seeing a bit of South East Asia.
Now back on the East coast of Virginia for 15 years. I have decided it's time to think about a slower pace of life.

I am in the market for a 30ish foot trawler, which brings me to this site.

I seem to live on the internet these days looking for what I think I need and will enjoy. Without jumping into the deep end of the pool to quick and money wise.
So another journey begins and another adventure.
Looking to head South for 4 months out of the cold , and slow the pace.
Single and no strings. Good friends to share with and enjoy.

Lots of nice small trawlers out there these days. This ones been up and down the East coast several times...Good luck with the search!

2v2Jdgih8x3cYB.jpg

Welcome aboard TF
Lots of knowledgeable folks around here... and a few cranky ones at times :hide:
Good luck w/ the search and ultimately w the adventures

Welcome aboard and good luck with the search. But please don't mention the unmentionables - anchors that is :angel::angel:

Welcome aboard!

We’ve had a ton of fun/experiences on our 30 footer :thumb:

Welcome aboard and good luck with the search. But please don't mention the unmentionables - anchors that is :angel::angel:

Welcome from Alaska!!:flowers: I'd include "Slanted Windows" in the catogory of unmentionables.:dance::lol::lol:::rofl:D

Welcome aboard and enjoy the hunt for that perfect-for-you boat. If you want to dive (or fish like I do) you'll probably want a cockpit for good water access. If you want diesels, you'll find more choices in 32 ft and up. Not that there aren't 28-30 fters with diesels and a cockpit (like Heron's beautiful Cape Dory) but the choices become fewer with a 30 ft length limit.

I find my 34 fits me "just right" as a boat I can single hand with ease, can drink 6, feed 4 and sleep 2 in comfort....or sleep 4 with a certain level of "friendliness". A dry head with separate shower and systems access is also key to me but may vary for others. Also, to be able to afford this lifestyle, I needed to be able to perform all routine maintenance myself.

If I was to do it all over again tomorrow, I'd probably buy the same boat...unless I had lots more $$. :D

Welcome aboard and enjoy the hunt for that perfect-for-you boat. If you want to dive (or fish like I do) you'll probably want a cockpit for good water access. If you want diesels, you'll find more choices in 32 ft and up. Not that there aren't 28-30 fters with diesels and a cockpit (like Heron's beautiful Cape Dory) but the choices become fewer with a 30 ft length limit.

I find my 34 fits me "just right" as a boat I can single hand with ease, can drink 6, feed 4 and sleep 2 in comfort....or sleep 4 with a certain level of "friendliness". A dry head with separate shower and systems access is also key to me but may vary for others. Also, to be able to afford this lifestyle, I needed to be able to perform all routine maintenance myself.

If I was to do it all over again tomorrow, I'd probably buy the same boat...unless I had lots more $$. :D

Yes I agree, something around 34 feet would be good. You seem to have my boat...Ha ha Sounds nice.

Back
Top Bottom