I just bought a 2019 ST44.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim9888

Spent a week with it and had to go back up north, I made a punch list of things wrong. I don’t like the way the front bell housing attaches to the flybridge. There are gaps where the screws didn’t tighten down all the way. I’m hoping all the little things will be done when I go back down in 2 weeks to see it again I did notice when test driving it that the depth indicator goes out when accelerating This must be fixed and I saw some complaints on the forum about this I am spending a full day with the electronics guy soon I will go over anything wrong with it at that time. Overall I love it and can’t wait to get back down to see it I keep in Fort Myers I Will be spending the winter months on it It was bought from the VIage group. They are known for excellent customer satisfaction and so far have lived up to everything so far. They gave me a great deal I’m glad I found this forum. I also really enjoy the Benneteau swift trawler Facebook site Glad to be a member here I had a 1999 Carver 380 Santiago previous. I just turned 60 so I treated myself I hope it rides good over the waves some say it does and some say it doesn’t. On the three footers I was in so far it was splashing me pretty good. I am optimistic I got the walnut interior and the helm seat doesn’t flip up for more counterspace when you get the walnut. A little disappointed about that We put a swivel on the salon tv and can watch it from the cockpit with the screen shut. Jim Peck. Boat name Pecktacular ST44 in Florida, my home base is Lake Geneva Wisconsin

Congrats on the new boat. Best of luck!

Spent a week with it and had to go back up north, I made a punch list of things wrong. I don’t like the way the front bell housing attaches to the flybridge. There are gaps where the screws didn’t tighten down all the way. I’m hoping all the little things will be done when I go back down in 2 weeks to see it again I did notice when test driving it that the depth indicator goes out when accelerating This must be fixed and I saw some complaints on the forum about this I am spending a full day with the electronics guy soon I will go over anything wrong with it at that time. Overall I love it and can’t wait to get back down to see it I keep in Fort Myers I Will be spending the winter months on it It was bought from the VIage group. They are known for excellent customer satisfaction and so far have lived up to everything so far. They gave me a great deal I’m glad I found this forum. I also really enjoy the Benneteau swift trawler Facebook site Glad to be a member here I had a 1999 Carver 380 Santiago previous. I just turned 60 so I treated myself I hope it rides good over the waves some say it does and some say it doesn’t. On the three footers I was in so far it was splashing me pretty good. I am optimistic I got the walnut interior and the helm seat doesn’t flip up for more counterspace when you get the walnut. A little disappointed about that We put a swivel on the salon tv and can watch it from the cockpit with the screen shut. Jim Peck. Boat name Pecktacular ST44 in Florida, my home base is Lake Geneva Wisconsin

congrats jim

what depth sounder do you have? if its the puck that just sits on the bottom of the hull (not thru-hull), make sure they put antifreeze in it.

i too was disappointed that with the upgraded wood, the seat does not flip

They haven’t gone over the electronics yet with me How will anti-freeze help? Totally unfamiliar with what you mean

They haven’t gone over the electronics yet with me How will anti-freeze help? Totally unfamiliar with what you mean

Transducers for Instruments & Sonar | Raymarine

Click "Types of available transducers"

if you have a "in hull" transducer, it likely needs antifreeze or another suitable fluid/jelly. i have having issues and i found mine did not have, when i added it works 95% of the time. most reliable is a "through-hull" transducer.

The hockey puck style transducer (which sends it's signal directly through the solid hull) will not work unless the lower cup is filled with liquid. Anti freeze is recommended and should be checked if the unit is malfunctioning.

My original (stock) transducer was nearly useless in less than 10' of water, which is quite common here in SW Florida. I abandoned my old one and put in the hockey puck style, which I noticed Beneteau went with on new ST 44's in 2015 or 16. Great improvement!

Congrats on your ST!

Congratulations on your boat and stay on top of them to get everything fixed quickly.

To all others and to you, next time get all these things fixed before taking delivery. They work much faster when waiting for final payment.

Jim -

My Captain and I have a 2014 ST 44 and have cruised from Washington DC to Mass - just the 2 of us.

We have encountered 6+ ft seas in the ocean - and yes she is a "wet" boat but we were able to run 15 to 17 mph in big seas. At no time did we think that the ST44 couldn't handle the sea conditions.
As wise minds on TF have said - the boat can take more than you can........

Good luck

I have long had this dread of having to haul the boat to install/replace the transducer to a FF or depth finder. Then my 30-year old depth sounder failed. A recent thread here on TF about dink units lead me to a Hawkeye Depth Finder for under $100. I followed the video instructions for setting up a bed of slow cure 2-part epoxy to secure the transducer to the inner hull (no core). It was a very simple process and it works like a champ.

I bet there's a good way to secure the Raymarine XD to the hull in a similar fashion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom