Thread: Netflix on 3G
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
dannc
Guru

City: NC
We have awful DSL speeds at home and Centurylink refuses to update the network even though they have taken tax payer funds to do so. Their reliability stinks as well but they are the only service provider so we just have to deal with them.

We have a whopping 1.5 mbps and we can stream video. We will get a pause every now and then but I don't know if it is the network or server. One big improvement for streaming was better devices. Our first DVD player that streamed would pause too often. Now we use an Amazon Fire and the pauses are all but gone. I think the difference is in the amount of memory the devices have for buffering.

On thing we discussed, but never did, was some of the Kindles Fires will allow you to down load content to the Kindle and replay it later. My understanding is that some Kindles can be attached to a TV/monitor. So it would seem one could download the videos to the Kindle where there was fast Internet and then replay on the TV later. We never tried it but it would seem to work. I cannot remember if the Kindle streaming support was only for Amazon Prime video or if it would support Netflix.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote