Intro-ing Myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CapeWhaler

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Serena
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
Hello to all -
Lurked off and on for some time but one responder to my first posting earlier today(question re bilge pumps) steered me here. As a recent trawler purchaser, guess I'll be more regular on the Forum.

Long-time sailor with a string of boats, latest a Catalina 27 for the past ten years. But wife's worsening arthritis has kept her off the boat recently so wanted something more user friendly for her. Saw the Pilgrim 40 some years ago and thought, if I ever have to go to power, that's the boat! When one came on the market in late 2017, I jumped on it.

Only issue is that the boat was (and is) in Muskegon MI and we live on Cape Cod - but that makes for a good first long cruise! The boat was in pretty good shape but had been sitting unused for some time. So this first year was spent in MI getting some things back in order. Plan is a couple of local shakedown trips around NW MI in the spring and then head for home via Lakes Michigan and Huron, the Trent-Severn, Ontario and the NY canals.

Guess that's a long enough intro. Appreciate all the good info to be found on here.
Joe

Hello to all -
Lurked off and on for some time but one responder to my first posting earlier today(question re bilge pumps) steered me here. As a recent trawler purchaser, guess I'll be more regular on the Forum.

Long-time sailor with a string of boats, latest a Catalina 27 for the past ten years. But wife's worsening arthritis has kept her off the boat recently so wanted something more user friendly for her. Saw the Pilgrim 40 some years ago and thought, if I ever have to go to power, that's the boat! When one came on the market in late 2017, I jumped on it.

Only issue is that the boat was (and is) in Muskegon MI and we live on Cape Cod - but that makes for a good first long cruise! The boat was in pretty good shape but had been sitting unused for some time. So this first year was spent in MI getting some things back in order. Plan is a couple of local shakedown trips around NW MI in the spring and then head for home via Lakes Michigan and Huron, the Trent-Severn, Ontario and the NY canals.

Guess that's a long enough intro. Appreciate all the good info to be found on here.
Joe
Welcome aboard and congrats on the Pilgrim
We're planning pn heading the opposite direction TS & Georgian Bay summer 2019 and should cross wakes along the way.

Welcome aboard! You asked about bilge pumps but the correct first question is “Do I need a new anchor?” This will set off a frenzy of suggestions telling you your current anchor is the wrong kind and much too small. It’s great fun!

That made me chuckle, Parks. Yeah, I noticed from my lurking before I ever posted anything that folks on here aren't reticent about giving their opinions - even beyond the issue posed...which I guess is the whole point of a user forum.
Joe C.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom