TF Burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
USA based company, with members from many other countries.

As for Americans, I’m one and so are Mexicans and Bolivians because we are from the Americas.

I’m a patient man and will keep chipping away at USA centrism :whistling:
What is USA centrism?

Way to go Murray, this thread had NOTHING to do with politics, but you had to go and make it that way.

What is USA centrism?

From the outside looking in, the US seems (generally speaking) to have a self centered view of the world...appropriating the name ‘American’ being one example.

We’re all grown ups here, sharing ideas, and there is no harm intended.

If anybody gets offended, I did read a good saying a while back; “Don’t worry about what I’m saying. Worry about why you are worrying about what I’m saying”

It is the rest of the world that calls the people of the USA "AMERICAN'S" that is just the way it is. If this country had a one word name that is what we would be called. I agree with you that all people that live in the western hemisphere are Americans.

I just started an OTDE thread on USA centrism. Take it over there, if you dare! Let’s keep this thread going about good ideas on our proposed TF burgee. Geez...!

I just started an OTDE thread on USA centrism. Take it over there, if you dare! Let’s keep this thread going about good ideas on our proposed TF burgee. Geez...!

Yes Please, and Al,,,,,its all Tom’s fault. :rofl:

I just started an OTDE thread on US centrism. Take it over there, if you dare! Let’s keep this thread going about good ideas on our proposed TF burgee. Geez...!

Have that forum on ignore...too many blinders on, inflexible pontificators hang out there :D

Where’s my dividend cheque?

WHOA!!! there little beaver,:nonono::nonono: now you crossed the line. You have to be an Alaska resident for over a year to receive, what is $1,650.00 dollar (US) for 2018 dividend and it should have been a $3.500.00 dollar share, if the damn governor and legislature not cut the amount to feed the bloated budget demands. Next they will want to cut out our senior benefits which include free hunting/fishing/trapping license, free auto license tabs, 50% or $150,000.00 annual property tax reduction which ever is less,

So let us go back to burgee debate in ernest or I shall unsheath my Confederate Battle flag bow pendant and charge the line.:noel:

PS: Yes, given a family of five, that would be a hansom amount were it what it should have been- $17.000 Plus.
and it is an election year!!! New Governor? do yu think???

Al-Ketchikan

Last edited:
As others have said, the colors I went with are just the ones that happen to be in the international signal flags for the letters 'T' and 'F.' It wasn't meant to be overly patriotic or nationalistic in any way. No worries though, I believe I have the solution! Feast your eyes on the 'all-inclusive, open, accepting, forward thinking, friendly, and just plain happy to be here and a part of things' burgee of the trawler forum! Drum roll please!!

Wait for it...

Attachments

• httpep.yimg.comcaiyhst-45748600749679_2271_2667022.jpg
    httpep.yimg.comcaiyhst-45748600749679_2271_2667022.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 230
As others have said, the colors I went with are just the ones that happen to be in the international signal flags for the letters 'T' and 'F.' It wasn't meant to be overly patriotic or nationalistic in any way. No worries though, I believe I have the solution! Feast your eyes on the 'all-inclusive, open, accepting, forward thinking, friendly, and just plain happy to be here and a part of things' burgee of the trawler forum! Drum roll please!!

Wait for it...

Hahaha

Having just been elected secretary for our yachting club, and my partner elected port captain, we now have two flags to fly below our yachting club burgee, the Texas flag, and the American flag.... I think we have enough flags. Any more and our power boat will be under sail power.

Why does everyone need a burgee anyway? Not knocking it, just wondering why (aside from the boats) is it always about a burgee?

Just fly a "Depends". Never leave home without a spare.

I almost fell off a 'changing table' in the restroom

Last edited:
Having just been elected secretary for our yachting club, and my partner elected port captain, we now have two flags to fly below our yachting club burgee, the Texas flag, and the American flag.... I think we have enough flags. Any more and our power boat will be under sail power.

Why does everyone need a burgee anyway? Not knocking it, just wondering why (aside from the boats) is it always about a burgee?

Two flags to fly "BELOW" your yachting club burgee?

How about TF logo colours...this planet is a big place and many of us might not want red, white, & blue :socool:

In this case, the signal flags for Tango and Foxtrot happen to be in red, white and blue. The Kilo flag (and I really like the idea of its design inclusion due to its “I wish to communicate” meaning) uses blue and yellow.

Some more spitballing:

Attachments

• trawler.png
    trawler.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 41
I had a nice double sided pennant made for Salty a few months ago for around $60. I'm sure a bulk order of TF pennants would be very affordable. BestFlag.com20181015_143557.jpeg

And I have the T-shirt somewhere around here too.

Attachments

• TF.jpg
    TF.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 202
I'm no artist, but I like the idea of the signal flag mashup. I also like the idea of something easily recognizable from a distance. I'd rather have something with no text on it.

I like you guys, but I'd honestly feel slightly embarrassed flying something with a website on it, and having to explain that its a club where I go to hang out with my internet friends, lol.

The trouble with signals, is that they are signals:

T= Keep Clear, engaged in pair trawling
F=Disabled, Communicate with me

Now those may at times be relevant, but generally, if flown as a burgee, not so much.

I don’t normally fly any flag (except for a marine corps flag and a Bahamas when in the Bahamas) but I enjoy so many of the words of wisdom of this forum I would fly the TF flag. I belong to a few organizations but I would never fly their flag, you guys are SPECIAL.

I don’t normally fly any flag (except for a marine corps flag and a Bahamas when in the Bahamas) but I enjoy so many of the words of wisdom of this forum I would fly the TF flag. I belong to a few organizations but I would never fly their flag, you guys are SPECIAL.

Guest we need a TF rendezvous flag. Maybe an empty rum bottle on a white surrender flag.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom