TF Burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. A. You bring up an interesting point regarding recognizability. In MY case,it would perhaps give me a lead time advantage when fleeing another TF member. I'm still surprised there is no reaction to post #33.

As GM would say:

You want a reaction... I'll give you a reaction...

Why do you try making my face photos the butt of all your jokes; when, I'd much rather you used a photo of me patting that gal over there's Butt!!

Great idea! I would fly one.

Greetings,
Mr. T. "Only if RT can animate it." That's what the wind is for.

200w.gif

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. A. You bring up an interesting point regarding recognizability. In MY case,it would perhaps give me a lead time advantage when fleeing another TF member. I'm still surprised there is no reaction to post #33.

Hmmm... a bored Groucho flipping everyone the bird? Still trying to tie in the black/white rising sun symbolism... can't quite get there...

If I fly a burgee, does that mean I have to tie white sweaters around my neck and call my wife, Bubbles?

Sure everyone knows this but I ordered a flag recently and the standard method is printing one side and pushing the ink so that it bleeds through to the other side giving the mirror image. Or...you can up the cost by another 50% or so and get a double sided with a true imprint on both. Personally I dislike the one sided versions. should be readable/the same on both.

Last edited:
The quality flags & burgees I've seen are nylon panels zigzag stitched to the background similar to Janet's CF example.
They will stand up to Wx much better than printed but any complex designs or text pretty much has to be printed (or embroidered which adds $)

The quality flags & burgees I've seen are nylon panels zigzag stitched to the background similar to Janet's CF example.
They will stand up to Wx much better than printed but any complex designs or text pretty much has to be printed (or embroidered which adds $)

Agreed.

... A burgee on the other hand has almost no meaningful significance to the observer.

Ted

The burgee would probably be significant for habitual habitual Trawler Forum users if it was included in the banner.
Those tiny signal flags within the Cruiser Forum burgee are nearly useless/unrecognizable since they are so small.

Let's face it... flying a burgee simply constitutes a relatively unimportant "me too" item; e.g. I belong to this or I like this or that - sort of like wearing a jacket with school name and logo when in HS. Then again, in an abstract manner but much more importantly than a burgee - so is flying the American Flag, which I not only love to fly, but being an American also feel pretty much obligated to do so!

Plenty of good boats and good boaters don't sport a burgee. That said... I guess because there was always a burgee on my family's boats while I grew up I'd simply feel my boat not fully dressed without one.

If TF burgee suits my fancy I'll purchase and fly it. Otherwise I'll simply keep my Tollycraft [although getting old and dirty] burgee on front peak of the bow rail.

Well I ran into a similar situation that you guys speak about just last weekend. The fellow had seem a "similar" boat that was docked in a local marine on the Trawler forum and wondered if the boat was the same. LOL, But anyway you got to start somewhere. And the embroidery ones are much nicer. And of course this does create a problem with doing both sides the same on one panel. Anyway, here is my introductory offering, and it uses the initials "TF", to my eye anyway. And it can be read on both sides. You can have any shape panel and this works out okay. And of course it goes with the red in the good ole red, white and blue in my country's flag that I swore allegiance to long ago and still fly it on all trips.

Attachments

• Trawler forum.png
    Trawler forum.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Let's face it... flying a burgee simply constitutes a relatively unimportant "me too" item; e.g. I belong to this or I like this or that - sort of like wearing a jacket with school name and logo when in HS.

Just a little fun and some minor league tribalism is all. I'd fly one simply to wait for the day when someone waves at me on the water flying the same. Just a little fun is all.

What would be even more fun would be to come up with a burgee for the OTDE forum. I cannot imagine.

Now, if you guys want something REALLY distinctive....

giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
R.T. Post 33 left me speechless.

View attachment 81840

Pics or it didn't happen... ;)

This might be the best choice. IF you make it complicated, a double sided burge will need to be twice as thick. This one, they lined up the flags so they will only be double thick for the actual flag graphics and the URL.

Now, if you guys want something REALLY distinctive....

giphy-downsized.gif

Ah ha, a true to life representation of me after my 3rd glass of wine. Buck naked and dancing on a table top.

Just a little fun and some minor league tribalism is all. I'd fly one simply to wait for the day when someone waves at me on the water flying the same. Just a little fun is all.

What would be even more fun would be to come up with a burgee for the OTDE forum. I cannot imagine.

OTDE Burgee: One wide open eye with long eyelashes next to a hand giving middle finger salute! :facepalm: :D

Where would you fly a TF burgee? If flying a burgee from the bow, I use the builder-provided Seahorse Marine silk flag. I've occasionally displayed the CF burgee from the port spreader (already shown in a previous post, #31.) Common practice here is for sailboats hoisting their club burgee from the starboard spreader. On special occasions, I hoist a yellow "don't tread on me" flag from the starboard spreader.

Attachments

• view from ph.jpg
    view from ph.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Gettin to serious for me. I ain’t got no dog in this hunt.

I can probably find room on the mast for another burgee. One thought would be a neon color - yellow, lime green, blue, ?? something that from across the river, would be noticeable.
A few years ago, watching AIS targets in a rain storm, I was passed by Ted on OC Diver. I had not met him before but his AIS prompted a series of radio calls and tied to the same dock that evening. A burgee might show other TFer's along the way.

Never really considered this a "burgee"... but, if you look on white center mast [between the two bimini tops] there is a black n' white skull and cross bones "Pirate" Flag at rest that our daughter gave us! Gotta love that girl!

BTW: I may be mistaken, however, I am under the impression that a true "bimini" flag needs to be on foremost bow peak or most forward center portion of bow rail.

The rest are signal flags.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I`ve a great idea, it could feature an anchor! We just have to discuss the best anchor to use, this will be fun!

I`ve a great idea, it could feature an anchor! We just have to discuss the best anchor to use, this will be fun!

Bruce - > You're BADDDDDD!!! LOL

How about a rusted CQR all tangled up with chain!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom