Hello From Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte Fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But glad that either your as nutty as me or we are on to something here. What do you think of my little project where do you see the pitfalls

Blue mainship what do you cruise at and what is your fuel burn with that set up. Not even trying to compare the 5.9 with the 6.5 as I know that engine is the gold standard. But trying to have an idea

4stoke diesel

:thumb:
But glad that either your as nutty as me or we are on to something here. What do you think of my little project where do you see the pitfalls

I'm diggin it. :popcorn:
I see no pitfalls as long as you stay ahead of things and think them through. Keep future repair and mainteance in mind.

Blue mainship what do you cruise at and what is your fuel burn with that set up. Not even trying to compare the 5.9 with the 6.5 as I know that engine is the gold standard. But trying to have an idea
I cruise at 8.5 MPH 2 gal an hour 1400 RPM, fast cruise 14 MPH 8 gal an hour 2100 RPM.You have to have trim tabs to get MS1 on a plane

Wow that’s impressive. I would love to hold out for the Cummins.

Of course the keel fairing help a lot to get cleaner water flow to the prop

Attachments

• keel fairing.jpg
    keel fairing.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 51
Do you have to go under any bridges in PC? I’m wondering am I going to have to loose the bridge? I know I will have an aluminum radar arch up for sale as that will not clear for sure.
I have to go under the Edgewater bridge by Cousley.

No bridges,my boats docked off of ohara and administration st.

Do you have to go under any bridges in PC? I’m wondering am I going to have to loose the bridge? I know I will have an aluminum radar arch up for sale as that will not clear for sure.
I have to go under the Edgewater bridge by Cousley.
That looks tight. You might want to measure that at high and low tides.

That looks tight. You might want to measure that at high and low tides.

I know. Also many times my dock has less than 3 ft of draft. So I’m wondering if it testing on the keel twice a day is going to cause problems.

I know. Also many times my dock has less than 3 ft of draft. So I’m wondering if it testing on the keel twice a day is going to cause problems.
If you can't get under the bridge or reach your dock, what is plan B?

Where is everyone at in Port Charlotte? I’m in Port Charlotte down flamingo as it hits the water. I rebuilt my 36 marine trader in Fairhaven mass and brought it back by the intercostal waterway last year and sold my Island Packet 38 sailboat.

Can’t seem to find many that want to talk boats around here but down at the shipyards. They wanted me to go to costal prop in Cape Coral and they want high dollar for my things and I took it to general prop in Bradington and it was like 1200 bucks when costal wanted 4-5 grand.

Long story short-When I pulled it a part the yard wanted me to check it all out even though I just came all the way from Fairhaven with it. Costal said I needed a new shaft and prop and coupling. Didn’t say anything about the cutlass bearing. They wanted me to pay 4-5 grand. Luckily I got it back and took it to general prop out of Bradington and they said my shaft and prop was fine and made me a new coupling and rebuilt my cutlass bearing. All balanced. 1200 and working great.

Moved from "Welcome Mat" to "General Discussion"

Imo power is matched to hull characteristics to provide performance as designed by mfr.So you might call the mfr chat with their technical anf get their thoughts on repower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom