Hello from Russia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VMG

Hello friends.
Take a newbie.
I'm building a trawler. 14 meters. in the garden ...
Two trawlers.)) One for myself. Another for a friend.

I want to find like-minded people on the forum. And gain experience.

At the same time to practice English. ))

Attachments

• DSCF0180.jpg
    DSCF0180.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
NN
What part of Russia? Once the boats are built be sure to sand blast down to white metal and allow no new rust to form, coat with proper stuff and paint ASAP. What engines will you put in your vessels?

Amazing! Welcome!

If I had the space, time, equipment, skills and money to build my own I'd be the happiest man in the world.

Hello friends.
Take a newbie.
I'm building a trawler. 14 meters. in the garden ...
Two trawlers.)) One for myself. Another for a friend.

I want to find like-minded people on the forum. And gain experience.

At the same time to practice English. ))

Dobro pozhalovat'. Esli y vas vozniknut voprosi obrashaites'. Chem smozhem pomozhem.

Dobro pozhalovat'. Esli y vas vozniknut voprosi obrashaites'. Chem smozhem pomozhem.

Спасибо. )

There are a lot of questions.
I still read, you have a lot of interesting things here.

Welcome. Nice build.

Be sure to paint the hull red. ;)

I wanted to post...

Aaaaarrrrggghhh, we've been hacked....

But we don't elect TF mods, so...

Welcome sir. That surely is a great adventure you have set out on.

Now you have introduced us to it - you are indentured to continue posting updates and photos until you have completed it - and actually well afterwards! :)

Welcome.

How long is the boating season there? Where is the closest gulf or sea to cruise? Baltic?

Welcome! It is a wonderful group of people with a lot of knowledge and experience...and opinions!

Practice your English, and a few of us will want to practice our Russian...

Prevetstvuyu, kak dela? Mne interesno posmotret vash proyekt na lodke. :thumb:

I use to build mostly commercial steel boats. Also from other materials. If you really want to protect the steel, after sand blasting, coat with zinc. Not paint, but wire fed spraying gun that uses welding gas for heat and zinc wire or other metal heated and sprayed on the steel. It protects much better than paint and lasts many years. Protects steel like hot dipped galvanizing. I do everything but the fuel tanks. Diesel reacts with zinc. Coating thickness is controlled by wire feed and heat. In the US used guns sell for about $500.

I owned a 100' tug I sand blasted, zinc coated and never painted except the company colors on the stack. I just left it zinc gray. Bare spots from line handling and towing were just recoated. It's easier than paint to touch up. Either with the gun or welding suppliers have solid zinc sticks that can be used like gas welding rod to recoat small areas.
For a yacht like finish use a thick sanding primer over the zinc so you can sand smooth without removing zinc.

Attachments

• Metco wire spray.jpg
    Metco wire spray.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 557
Now you have introduced us to it - you are indentured to continue posting updates and photos until you have completed it - and actually well afterwards! :)

Of course.
But first, I will read here.
For a long time. ))

I owned a 100' tug I sand blasted, zinc coated and never painted except the company colors on the stack. I just left it zinc gray. Bare spots from line handling and towing were just recoated. It's easier than paint to touch up. Either with the gun or welding suppliers have solid zinc sticks that can be used like gas welding rod to recoat small areas.
For a yacht like finish use a thick sanding primer over the zinc so you can sand smooth without removing zinc.

Zinc is too expensive for me.

I will paint with cheap russian epoxy paints.

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading about your progress.

Almost assembled the second hull

Snow fell, cold. I want to go to sea. ))

Attachments

• DSCF0817.jpg
    DSCF0817.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 104
Very nice looking hulls. I look forward to their fit outs. Stay warm my friend.

Very Impressive VMG. Keep us posted with your progress and pictures.

Welcome aboard! Good luck with those two challenging builds. They have that rugged Russian look for sure!

Thanks friends.

In Cheboksary I was. It's nearby.
I live in Nizhny Novgorod, it is at the confluence of the Oka and Volga rivers.
It is also very beautiful here.

I will post pictures
Little by little.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom