Hello from the SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvtrawler

HI,

I joined to start learning all I can about boating and trawlers. I hope by May 2023, when I retire, that I will have learned enough to decide if a liveaboard and cruising the great loop would be something to do immediately upon retirement.

My searches on trawlers and the great loop over the last couple of weeks have me very interested in the $50k - $100k range. I like the idea of a queen size bed, a 2nd bed, and two heads. Also, a full-size fridge would be nice to have. What does interest me a lot is working on the engine(s) as it appears not many have a engine room where you can easily work in. I would think it is a pain if you drop a tool under the engine! Beam seas, core-hulls, and so forth...so much to learn! :)

This forum appears to be full of great information and I am glad I found it.

Andrew

Last edited:
Welcome! I have fond memories of Albuquerque. I used to travel there 2-3 times a year for business but not for several years.

This is a great place to learn some things and to learn about others that you need to learn. Get on as many boats as you can. If you plan to share boating with a partner, involve the partner from the start.

Good luck with your journey.

Andrew, welcome aboard. I used to live in Albuquerque when I was stationed at Kirkland in 1974-75. Beautiful country, lots of places to visit and travel to, and many great places to eat.

Back
Top Bottom