View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:18 AM   #14
Fighterpilot

RE: More battery questions

Found another source for "maintenance free" starter batteries at Sams, but the 6 volt house batteries will need service now an than. Hydro Caps sounds like a good idea--any good source for them? The 6 volt batteries at Sams has a different type of cap system on them. Looks like they are all interconnected and moving a lever unlocks them all. Will have to examine the hydro cap to see if they will fit this set up.

Next question-- wiring the batteries together. Presently the leads from the switch and to the engines looks like 4/0. They are big. For the 1 foot to 2 foot runs needed to hook the batteries together to make a bank can I use marine, tined, copper 2/0 wire which I have. I'll have to run - to - and + to + on the starter set. Should be less than a foot in distance for each. On the house set will have to run + to - on one side. Again about a foot. No big loads on the house set. Not a live aboard or big inverters involved. Start is for 3208N. About 632 cu. in. engines. Each of those batteries will be 800 CCA, or Ref CA of 960, parallel configuration. Thanks
Fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote