120V AC BBQ Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freespool

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Adventure
Vessel Make
Offshore 62
Hi all,

I am finally getting to replace the BBQ on our new (to us) boat. The brand is called Gaggenau. I have come to learn that these are redicuously expensive ($2,600 replacement).

Do you have a recommendation for a replacement grill? My dimensions are roughly 20" X 15".

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• BBQ.jpg
    BBQ.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 68
What's a "110 BBQ"?

Yes, a 120VAC BBQ. This is very helpful. I have reviewed the manual and I cannot determine just how "weatherproof" these units are. The unit is built in and has a fiberglass/gelcoat lid that covers it. Having said that, it's far from being water tight. I am not sure how it will hold up to the elements.
Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar unit?

I bought a used electric grill for $10 from a thrift type shop. It works well to cook hamburgers etc..., there is no temp adjustment. I do cover it with a lid on a windy day helps keep in the heat. I had a different kind and this one is by far the easiest to keep clean.
You dont leave it outside, only when cooking. Bottom, pan catches the grease.
I clean it back at the dock after we use it.
People laugh when they see it, but are surprised when they see it actually cooks.

I found an online pic of what they look like. Fat Zapper - Richard Simmons.

DSC00149.JPG

Last edited:
BBQ is a food around here. As in, "do you want cole slaw and hot sauce on that plate of bar-b-que? And no, you don't "go to a BBQ." You go to a cookout. If you are going to an event where BBQ is served, that's usually a pig roast.

Just so you Yankees can get your terminology correct going forward...

We have two George Forman's. Just drop them on the Gagenau when you are ready to cook. No propane grill for us either.

We were at Roche Harbor a few weeks while the Offshore rendezvous was occurring. Watched a friend clean his grill like yours. Made me like George even more.

My son sells these in his BBQ store, and has earmarked one for me as a B-Day gift. This one is coming to the boat. I think its the Trager Ranger, is 21”x20”x13” Finally, this kid thing is working for me! LOL
It smokes, grills and even has a griddle. And as a bonus, he’s gonna upgrade my smoker at home to a new “Mac Daddy” smoker from the same manufacture.

Cheers all!

Attachments

• 160DD3AE-9E33-4123-9BF8-93AB8E55D1E4.jpg
    160DD3AE-9E33-4123-9BF8-93AB8E55D1E4.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 58
He everyone,

Thank you for the recommendations. I went with the Kenyon. I will have to do some modifications to make it work. All well within my abilities. Thanks again for your help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom