Anniversary Gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChesapeakeGem

Thank you Guys for opening❤️
My husband has been working his ass off on our 36’SeaRay aft cabin with twin Perkins Diesel engines, yes a bad ass boat.
We need a updated Navigational system.
We plan for on living aboard, going from the Nanticoke River, on November 1st 2018, to the furthest place south we can get in two weeks ( weather permitting).
Then go all over Florida (east and west)
Then off to the Bahamas for a month on the hook.
We have a 15” Raymarine that did a good job, but failed us in a remote area.?
The only internet we have is our Verizon’s phones one IPhone 7 Plus and one Samsung S8 plus.
Thanks

Are you asking what you should buy him as a anniversary gift?

Thank you Guys for opening❤️
My husband has been working his ass off on our 36’SeaRay aft cabin with twin Perkins Diesel engines, yes a bad ass boat.
We need a updated Navigational system.
We plan for on living aboard, going from the Nanticoke River, on November 1st 2018, to the furthest place south we can get in two weeks ( weather permitting).
Then go all over Florida (east and west)
Then off to the Bahamas for a month on the hook.
We have a 15” Raymarine that did a good job, but failed us in a remote area.?
The only internet we have is our Verizon’s phones one IPhone 7 Plus and one Samsung S8 plus.
Thanks

Yes I’m asking for Anniversary ideas

Well this is kinda an indirect answer. I would have an electronics guy look at your set up. If all of your electronics are standalone I would suggest the best thing you could do is start your boat on the path to having everything on a network.

I am not going to get into the NMEA 0183 and 2000 debate, but I know that having a guy who knows what he is going draw me up a plan to incrementally get there would have been a real gift to me a few years ago!

Last edited:
Well this is kinda an indirect answer. I would have an electronics guy look at your set up. If all of your electronics are standalone I would suggest the best thing you could do is start your boat on the path to having everything on a network.

I am not going to get into the NMEA 0183 and 2000 debate, but I now that having a guy who knows what he is going draw me up a plan to incrementally get there would have been a real gift to me a few years ago!

That sounds cool! We are going to be vendors at the Annapolis power boat show.
Our boat is a very rural area.
Maybe we’ll wait until we are in an urban area.

Greetings,
Mr. m.

200.gif

Fredricks is a novel thought and that “RT” is know as a Marriage saver.

But seriously, maybe a new IPad Pro and download it with Navionics. Its or primary nav aid and the old raymarine is still working but who knows how much longer.

By the way, Happy Anniversary!

Cheers

Darn it Mr. RT. I made the mistake of clicking on the link you put in post #8. I left this thread to go to another and lo and behold, there was a ad from Frederick's. Those little buggers are pretty quick, aren't they!

Back
Top Bottom