View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
twiisted71
Guru

Have you been on any of these boats yet? I ask because many start off just like you. One of the first things I try to get people to decide on is whether they want sundeck/aftcabin which will require you to climb from the aft cabin/sundeck down to the swim platform anytime you get on/off the boat not at a dock. For me that is a hassle I'll avoid at all costs. I figure if I'm buying I'd just as soon get the design I like. Stern door and cockpit are first choice (34 Mainship/sportfisher style) and aft cabin with walkaround deck like Thompson 44s is second choice. Bringing groceries, pets, or gear onboard from a dinghy in bad weather or a rough anchorage ain't no fun when standing on a swim platform and then having to negotiate a 5-6' vertical slippery ladder. But that's just me, some see that as part of the adventure they can tell their buddies about, "Boy y'all shoulda seen the look on Ethel Mae's face when she went ass over teakettle off the stern ladder with that sack of beer and cold cream........"
twiisted71 is offline   Reply With Quote