Old 09-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #9
Dcbeach
Veteran Member

City: Stamford Ct
Vessel Name: Salty Lady
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
Richard: We’re hull number 120 and our tanks are fiberglass and I believe all KK42 water tanks are the same. We have blisters on the insides but nothing I worry about. The tanks are intrigal to the hull as the build plans show. Unless your tanks are leaking, you should be fine.

I’m with Larry. I’ve had Salty Lady’s (hull 113) tanks open, I cleaned them and an of the opinion that they definitely fiberglass.
I have seen some of the tops fracture probably due to filling to fast and having vents plugged.

I’m working on replumbing the outgoing valves as so I can control which tank is being used from the access panel under the stairs. I’m keeping it simple and not changing the valves but rather leaving them open and running the line to and from new valves under the stairs. My concern with changing the valves is breaking something loose on the tank.
Going to use two 1/2” fuel ball valves from Defender @ $28 each since they have feet I can screw to a piece of plywood being attached to the tank using sika 291. I’ll use the same size tubing and flare fittings as exist on the rest of the system. It might be done by the time your in NY.
Dcbeach is offline   Reply With Quote