Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesIverson

Hi. I'm James and my wife is Jill. We have been sailors for years but recently we bought a small trawler. Its a Great Lakes 33. There is a photo posted in the Gallery. We have a bit to learn and I'm looking forward to picking up good information from all of you.

Welcome!

Used to have a summer condo across the big lake and we kept our trawler at Onekama. Been missing summers in northwest Michigan the last 3 years.

Lots to learn here.

Welcome aboard.
There seems to be a lot of prior sailors here on TF.
I'll hold the comments lest I say something wrong but I'm sure you will like the new lifestyle.

Welcome James and Jill.....to the dark side. Enjoy the new to you boat!

Thanks all

Thanks for the welcome. We still love sailing but when I calculated the percentage of time I actually sailed as opposed to motoring or motor-sailing.... a powerboat made sense. We will still keep the sailboat for a while in the North Channel of Lake Huron but hope to motor to warmer places in the winter in our trawler.

Hello from Chicago

When you head south, stop in Chicago and say hi...

Hi James and Jill! We are also lifelong sailors who kept our Cape Dory 36 when we bought our Albin 36. Currently they are both here in St. Joseph, MI, but we’re thinking of leaving one up north (maybe Detour) for more cruising opportunities. I’m happy to talk with you about what we learned about trawlers while bringing ours home the 1,000 miles from NY.

Welcome James and Jill. You will love trawlering life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom