Ford Lehman 2714E Motor Mount photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailinggod

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Instead Of
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
Hello: I have a 1985 President 41 for sale, and the mechanical surveyor indicated that some of the motor mounts have collapsed. I can't tell from my review whether or not any of them have collapsed so I would like to know if any members have any photos of a motor mount associated with a Ford Lehman 2714E engine. Also, if anyone has information as to where I can obtain new mounts I would appreciate that. I live in Vancouver, Canada. Cheers and thanks
Here's a photo of one that I don't think is collapsed but I can't tell for sure:

Attachments

• IMG_5271.jpg
    IMG_5271.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 105
I don’t know those specific mounts, but it looks like the rubber is literally squished out there if I’m looking right in the picture.

Try American Diesel....

Harbor Marine just south of you in Everett, Washington has both the stock ones and a nice alternate on the shelf.

Thanks very much

I appreciate the links and information. Very helpful.

That mount is definitely “squished”, was toast years ago!
Another clue to its condition is the motor is sitting quite high on the bolt.
With proper installation technique, it should be about mid way, with plenty of room for adjustment in either direction.

Moved from "How To Use The Forum, Site News & Account Concerns" to "Power Systems"

Replaced all 8 mounts with original still available from mount mfr easy peezy

Original mounts available from mfr for 40 each I replaced all 8 easy job

You may have done this as a part of the replacement process, but if not, you may want to separate the shaft from the trans and checm the alignment. Pretty boat, and kudos for jumping into such a repair.
JohnS

Back
Top Bottom