View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #139
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiisted71 View Post
After watching some video of people waiting in stores for hours for bottled water deliveries I thought I'd add my 2¢...and that's probably what its worth.

for 99.9% of our country water from the tap in your house is perfectly drinkable. Get some "clean" containers (5 gallon buckets, used milk/water jugs, whatever. scrub them clean and rinse with a mild bleach/water solution. Fill from faucet at your house and.......VOILA gallons and gallons of drinking water. Also if you are staying, Fill your trash cans and bathtubs. You can use this water to flush your toilets.
you can also buy a Brita (or similar) filtered water pitcher. These will make your tap water taste just like store bought bottled water. If going to have to store/use water for drinking more than a couple days you can add a small amount of bleach(unscented) to your bulk containers and essentially sterilize it. You can look up how much bleach to use per gallon of water.

No real reason to waste time waiting in lines for hours to spend boat bucks for something you can get at home in a few minutes for pennies.

We always started keeping containers at the beginning of summer in anticipation of a storm knocking out power/water.
A significant percentage of the time, local water is not potable after a hurricane or flooding. Also, used containers, water bottles or milk jugs, have a greatly increased risk of bacteria developing. Bottled water is not going to cost you boat bucks. To me, it's worth the expenditure.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote