This is an interesting deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to weigh in on real estate investment, having been in the residential and commercial market I much prefer the commercial market. Yes you have to deal with lawyers, a closing may take longer, you need to dot the Is and cross the Ts but you don’t have to deal with sob stories of tenants who can’t pay and the humanity factor.

Just my SSO.

I prefer dealing with all of it as a tenant only. lol.

Today my wife and I were on the Tollycraft represented on this thread. The owner had a lot of fun doing the refurbishment.

As I suggested earlier, we each spend our marine related time and money as desired. Obviously this fellow has a good understanding in what is and isn’t marine quality.

but you don’t have to deal with sob stories of tenants who can’t pay and the humanity factor.

Just my SSO.

We don't deal with tenant sob stories, our property managers do and anything else property related.
All we see are the fortnightly bank deposits

Simi

I’ve used manages too, but never enjoyed giving up their percentage.

BandB

I have spent many years on that side of the coin too.

My wife and I looked at buying a condo on the beach in Florida. With the Condo fees, the math works in favor of a live aboard. And a live aboard can be moved to a different location with the weather. It gives us more flexibility.

Simi

I’ve used manages too, but never enjoyed giving up their percentage
The cost of doing business I tell myself.
Properties are 500 miles away and a tax deductible 6% of rent was a small price to pay to get our life back.
But, each to their own.

Simi

6% is a good price to pay assuming the agent doesn’t steal from you on maintenance and repairs.

The best investment I had was with Sears and a sale and leaseback, clean and easy with a great rate of return. Sears did their own maintenance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom