Boat pricing advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MOJO

We're thinking about putting our Robert Beebe designed 49-10 Passagemaker in steel trawler up for sale. Our ages and bodies are telling us that in the next few years it will take more energy than we have to keep cruising. However, being a custom boat, we have absolutely no idea what the market for MOJO might be. We've cruised MOJO for 18 years and have put a ton of dollars into continually upgrading her, including a recent top to bottom exterior paint job. But, what we've invested in her likely has limited bearing on what she will sell for. Given all the experience and wisdom of this forum, we're soliciting opinions about an asking price. I've put together a picture heavy web site to show and describe the boat if anyone is interested... www.mvmojo.com. We look forward to any input members can offer. Thanks!

New Paint Job-Port Side.jpg

No pricing advice from me...just best wishes on your next adventure and I hope you find someone who appreciates/deserves your boat and who you'll feel comfortable selling to.

Last edited:
What a freakin' cool boat!!!! I have no idea on price either. I would say get in touch with a broker who is knowledgable of cruising powerboats?? Who knows. But if I were to give a WAG.....somewhere in the $100-150k range??? I hope I am not insulting you... Hell price it at $199k and see what happens. It will definitely take a special buyer that knows what they want and what they are getting. Good luck!!!

Very nice boat. Good luck on sale!

What a freakin' cool boat!!!! I have no idea on price either. I would say get in touch with a broker who is knowledgable of cruising powerboats?? Who knows. But if I were to give a WAG.....somewhere in the $100-150k range??? I hope I am not insulting you... Hell price it at $199k and see what happens. It will definitely take a special buyer that knows what they want and what they are getting. Good luck!!!

Thanks. No insult at all, impossible because I have no idea what the market is. You're right, it will take a special buyer who appreciates the qualities of a steel around the world boat. I appreciate the feedback!

Please realize that a listing price isn't really a comp. A comp in my mind is a final sales price such are provided by Soldboats, the broker data base of actual sold boat prices.

That listing could sell for half of that some day, who knows. Although I kind of doubt it, because the cost of building your own new is 3 times more.

David

I would also have a marine surveyor go over the boat and give you some ideas about what may be selling points and what may detract from the sale. Marine surveyors see a lot of custom and rather unique boats. They may even be able to advise you on a starting price or recommend someone that can help.

Hello Mojo

Hi there. I looked at your site but did not find a contact. How do I reach you?

Hi there. I looked at your site but did not find a contact. How do I reach you?

Thanks for looking, I look forward to hearing from you! Please message me via Private Message function on this forum.

Pricing

Wow, what a dream boat, special with a selected market but someone will buy it. You may want to reach out to Jeff Merrill at JMYS who worked at Nordhavn many years and knows trawlers.

John T

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom