View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
Ex Sailor

City: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmarchand View Post
16,000 btu would be about half of the recommended capacity for a boat your size. But you can probably get by with dampers installed in critical ducts. Route the output to the salon during the day and back to your sleeping cabin at night.

If you want more capacity, you will have to consider power supply and installation. You will need 240/120V, 50A service to power two 16,000 btu units.

David

Thanks ... I know 16K is marginal at best. There is physically NO room to install more than one. The main issue in my mind would be that some marinas may not have more than 30 Amps AC at the dock and this would be the largest I can go with a single supply and still have power left for my charger etc. My current Espar ducting is 3" and I hope to re use most of it since it's already routed. ( I may have to insulate as much of it as I can get to ) The discharge at the unit is 6" so I will have to install a piece of 6" to act as a plenum ( and minimize back pressure ) and then " Y " off to existing ductwork. The aft cabin will be the priority and I will have to damper outlets as I need it.
Ex Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote