Hello from Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lil toot

Vessel Name
Lil Toot
Vessel Make
1982 30ft. Sundowner
Used to belong to a Sundowner page, but can't find it any longer, Looking for a trailer for my 30ft. Sundowner in Alaska, anyone have ideas.

Nope, but welcome aboard from another 30' Sundowner Tug a wee bit south of you :thumb:

Used to belong to a Sundowner page, but can't find it any longer, Looking for a trailer for my 30ft. Sundowner in Alaska, anyone have ideas.

Hmmm

Where you going to boat? Certainly not on the lake?

Which Sundowner did you buy? There was one or two in Whittier, but I have not seen any in Seward.

Just want to take it home to do some long overdue maintenance. Then probably take it to Seward and sell it.

leaks

Nope, but welcome aboard from another 30' Sundowner Tug a wee bit south of you :thumb:
You ever have trouble with leaks around the hand rails on the house. I have been fighting it for years, any ideas.

You ever have trouble with leaks around the hand rails on the house. I have been fighting it for years, any ideas.

Nope, no leaks on the hand rails, but don't get me started about mast compression...

Nope, no leaks on the hand rails, but don't get me started about mast compression...

Murray- Finally have a Sundowner in Ketchikan other than the Chatterbox model reported to you early on. We had seen the boat listed for sale in Gig Harbor for $35,000 with a 1000 hr. Yanmar arrive here for her home port. What is happenstance, is the owner, who I know and was not aware, a shopper, purchased the boat on visual inspection, bought a bag of groceries, fuel and took off for K-Town single handed, As usual,goes to show, the one who just goes. happens to have the trouble free voyage and makes the trip as going to the shopping mall on a Saturday morning!!!
Leaks? Well guess what, he has a overhead leak and has come to the conclusion that the guy wires steading the mast are drawn too tight and forced the roof line to sink around the false stack. Sound familar?
The boat needs some TLC, but it appears to be in good structure condition and the Yanmar surely is a nice upgrade. Just a tad over a 1.25 per hour is what the owner claims for fuel burn.
by the way, I recently returned from Wrangell where I had a 30 inch long aluminum swim step constructed and installed. I will send a photo to you. I think you will agree with the end result.
Regards,
Al

:flowers:heck out this product. 'https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Tolleys-Creeping-Crack-sealer/dp/B003T6EJ9A

It is the consistency of condensed milk. You allow it to gently slow flow around the top of your rail connection. It will absorb. 15 minutes later you again flow it and continue till the flange connection to the house will not absorb any more. This stuff is a wiz-bang for small crack like leaks. Works wonders around windows particularly on the historical CHB windows.

You can thank me later:thumb:

By the way, welcome from Souther Southeast

Al-Ketchikan

Murray- Finally have a Sundowner in Ketchikan other than the Chatterbox model reported to you early on. We had seen the boat listed for sale in Gig Harbor for $35,000 with a 1000 hr. Yanmar arrive here for her home port. What is happenstance, is the owner, who I know and was not aware, a shopper, purchased the boat on visual inspection, bought a bag of groceries, fuel and took off for K-Town single handed, As usual,goes to show, the one who just goes. happens to have the trouble free voyage and makes the trip as going to the shopping mall on a Saturday morning...
Regards,
Al

Yikes! That’s one ballsy trip in a just purchased, unproven boat :eek:

leaks

Murray- Finally have a Sundowner in Ketchikan other than the Chatterbox model reported to you early on. We had seen the boat listed for sale in Gig Harbor for $35,000 with a 1000 hr. Yanmar arrive here for her home port. What is happenstance, is the owner, who I know and was not aware, a shopper, purchased the boat on visual inspection, bought a bag of groceries, fuel and took off for K-Town single handed, As usual,goes to show, the one who just goes. happens to have the trouble free voyage and makes the trip as going to the shopping mall on a Saturday morning!!!
Leaks? Well guess what, he has a overhead leak and has come to the conclusion that the guy wires steading the mast are drawn too tight and forced the roof line to sink around the false stack. Sound familar?
The boat needs some TLC, but it appears to be in good structure condition and the Yanmar surely is a nice upgrade. Just a tad over a 1.25 per hour is what the owner claims for fuel burn.
by the way, I recently returned from Wrangell where I had a 30 inch long aluminum swim step constructed and installed. I will send a photo to you. I think you will agree with the end result.
Regards,
Al
That sounds like the Charlie Chan, it was in Valdez, the guy came up from Ketchikan and took off with out even a trial run, it takes a lot of balls, some big water between Valdez and Ketchikan.. I don't have a mast on mine so that wouldn't be the problem. Thanks for the info.
Lil Toot

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom