Stabilizer Upgrade Results?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larmex99

Vessel Name
Nomad
Vessel Make
Brix 42
I am considering upgrading my 2001 Wesmar fin stabilizers to the new and supposedly improved gyro and control systems. Has anyone on the forum made the upgrade? Even if it was with another brand I would appreciate hearing about the results as the technology is pretty common to most manufacturers. The system has been bulletproof so far but is starting to need some attention as both the gyro and solenoids have had recent issues.

I have the Datum digital control system from Naiad. It allows you to manually set it or simply press a button for the “adaptive” setting where the system senses the sea state and roll and automatically adjusts. I always use the adaptive setting and haven’t had a problem.

Was your setup older with a recent upgrade? I have looked over the advertising but hope to find out if the upgrade is simple and effective or expensive and complicated.

Was your setup older with a recent upgrade? I have looked over the advertising but hope to find out if the upgrade is simple and effective or expensive and complicated.

No, my setup was a new installation.

Back
Top Bottom