Seattle: thief takes $2.4 million yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For sure the asking price will be lower now...

Joke apart, what's the idea of trying to stole a 90 footer??? Did he really think he would have been able to escape and resell it???

L

We just had a deHavaland -80 stolen from SeaTac airport. This guy probably heard about that and thought he could one up him with a Yacht.

Well least an airplane can get far away and a hurry, not so with the yacht

Maybe friction caused this. The mortgage rubbing against the insurance policy!

Hmmmm, I've seen some of Seattle's skippers trying to drive their boats. Many drive like this guy did so it might have been difficult to identify him just based on his driving skills....or lack thereof.

Attachments

• Fly it.jpg
    Fly it.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 51
I read last week, an actress's boat was untied an left to drift.

Advantage of having smaller/older boat - no one want to steal it.

Seattle is a sanctuary city so the thief probably just needed to use the bathroom or a place to shoot up.

Seattle is a sanctuary city so the thief probably just needed to use the bathroom or a place to shoot up.

That statement seems a bit logic challenged... I don't understand any possible connection between Seattle's attitude towards cooperating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the likelihood that the thief may be an addict or have continence issues.

Thread drift for dhays. We're at the Peninsula Yacht Basin today, leaving tomorrow. Stop by if you get a chance.

Thread drift for dhays. We're at the Peninsula Yacht Basin today, leaving tomorrow. Stop by if you get a chance.

I'd love to stop by but am already committed for this evening after work. FWIW, I learned to sail at the Peninsula Yacht Basin docks when I was 5 years old.

Local tip: There is a really good burger place called the Gourmet Burger Shop a nice 10 minute walk from you. Excellent burgers and very good beer on tap from the local Wet Coast Brewery there in Gig Harbor.

I am less inclined to blame sanctuary status and more inclined to blame Seattle's homeless enabler policies.

In the past I never worried about boat theft. Now I have a hidden battery switch as added protection. I know of no professional yacht thefts but mentally ill joy rides appear to be on the rise.

dhays, sorry we missed you but I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point. Thanks for the burger recommendation. Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom