View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
SubSailor

City: Aransas Pass
Vessel Name: El Gringo
Vessel Model: Cape Horn OS 24
Forgot to mention budget and a few other things as well. Budget up to $125K. I don't think there is anywhere to rent a Trawler down here but I could be wrong. I do like to go fast but think I could probably live without it, just being on the water is what we love. I haven't done any cruising at 8kts on these type boats but man do I have some time cruising slower than that for days at a time, though that was underwater.

We love being on the water, fishing, just poking around, whatever, we love being on the ocean but we're tired of rushing. Our "weekend at the coast" usually goes something like this;
Wed/Thu-Get everything we think we'll need packed up a day or two before we leave.
Friday a/m-Day of departure we load everything into the truck and take off.
Fri noon or so-Arrive at coast, go to Aunts house and unload what we won't need on the boat.
Fri afternoon-Drive to boat, check it over make sure all is well, head off to eat, hang out, wait until next morning.
Saturday a/m-Morning of departure; spend an hour or more trying to get kids out of bed.
Reload what we need onto truck, including kids.
Stop and buy food, snacks, water etc.
Load remaining items on boat and take off, usually a couple hours later than we intended.
Cruise at 25-35kts for a couple hours to get offshore.
Sat afternoon-Fish as much as we can, head to a couple different spots and then it's time to head back in.

We figured by moving to a boat with accomodations like beds, a/c etc. we'd cut it down to something like this;
Friday a/m-Throw a couple shorts and t-shirts in a bag, leave for the coast.
Friday noon or so-Park at our slip, walk onboard boat, prepare for underway and leave when we please. Since we can now store our fishing poles, gear, clothes etc. on the boat we won't have to do much but make sure the boat is ready and then take off when we please. We can leave that afternoon, that evening or if it's too rough shoot we can just spend the night on the boat in the slip or on the hook in a cove on the bay.

We're tired of rush rush rush. Does this make sense to anyone?
SubSailor is offline   Reply With Quote