Ayuh, new (but sorta old) membah from Midcoast Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady_Bacon

Greetings from a couple still on the hard... My husband and I, both retired, are interested in the live aboard lifestyle. Seeing as we live in Midcoast Maine, 'bout a mile from a nice little harbor, it can be expected that we get to see a few boats here and there. My beloved has been on a boat a few times but doesn't have much experience on them. I grew up around boats and, confidentially, am part Silkie - or so Mom thought, 'lo those many years ago... When I was in my late twenties I worked at Martha's Vineyard Shipyard and duties ranged from a pretty dorade box for a singer's Herreschoff H-28 to diving down to the bottom of the harbor to set slings on a brandie-new boat that somebody left the sea cocks open on launching! Imagine the surprise with that situation... Oh yeah, repairing interiors, fixing holed hulls (both WEST system and FG), servicing moorings and even driving the hoist... Yet, with all of that, I have never owned a boat or a yach-et. Hope to change that someday... Meanwhile, I'll read up on others' good and not so good experiences, purchases, maintenance and such...
Carrie

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Have fun looking for your new boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom