Mainship 390, year 2000 aft hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcoy

Hi All,

Anyone know how to turn off the water source to the aft fresh water hose? My hose keeps breaking spraying water everytime I turn on my water pump.

thanks,

I have owned mine (390) for ten years and have never seen a shut off to the transom mounted shower if that is what you are referring to. If you find one please post its location! Access is very limited in that area of the boat, you would probably need to cut a hole in the transom storage compartment and install a pie plate service panel to replace the hose.

Thank you Noahstvr. Not the best news. Last year i did install a pie plate and that helps immensely with replacing the thing. problem recently was i didn't bring a spare so we suffered through 10 days of water leakage. i've now ordered two hoses incase one breaks. I'll have to most likely install a pie plate on the bow fresh water hose as well.

Second question if you don't mind...my generator keeps sucking in eel grass. The stuff gets deep into the generator, going into and beyond the filter. Any idea how to to fix/prevent this?

thanks

Hi All,

Anyone know how to turn off the water source to the aft fresh water hose? My hose keeps breaking spraying water everytime I turn on my water pump.

thanks,

dcoy
I have a 34HT so not positive exactly what you have and exactly where it is leaking.
A pic would help
If it is the aft deck shower as noahstvr mentioned that is what we have on the aft deck. If so is it the PEX tubing to the unit that is leaking or the shower head hose?
our is the combo Hot / Cold type (Similar to this one) w/ valves prior to the hose - the hose has a shut off but it isn't designed as a positive shut off

I have pulled the whole unit out to tighten the H&C supply lines behind mine that were leaking. If you have something else would it be worth swapping out with something like this w/ shut off valves - it sort of provides it's own access cover as size is large.

you might confirm the plumbing routing from the pump aft to the leaking item. On my set up the only faucet aft of the pump is the aft deck shower so if necessary I could install a ball valve near the pump in the line running aft to allow shut off in an emergency to isolate that faucet.

Also on the 34HT the bow faucet is raw water not fresh like the aft shower.

Moved from "General Discussion" to the "Mainship" sub-forum.

I'm also not sure what you're attempting to describe. Are you referring the inlet for the 'Shore Water' hose? Or are you referring to the "Transom Shower"?

Since you can shut off the 'Shore Water/City Water' at the spigot, I'll assume you are referring to the latter.

There are not individual shutoff in a pressure water system aside from the faucet or mixing valve. Once could be installed, but generally is not. If this is for the transom shower, then I would fix whatever problem is causing the failure.

You could get a shutoff valve and plumb it into the feed to the transom shower if you would like.

Aft rinse off shower 2000 390

I have the same model and year, and had the same situation.

It was a challenge to locate that supply line (its a snap fit assembly you can buy at any reputable marine store) that ran from water pump aft towards stern behind water tank. What the challenge was getting your hands in with very limited spacing to make the connections.

I planned on 60 mins job, and it took 3+ hours using a straightened coat hanger to act as a "mouse line" to get new supply line routed from pump to aft location of shower head. I replaced the handheld shower head with a new scanvik, and new supply line as all were 17+ years old. In the run of the supply line, I installed a "petcock" style shut off valve where it was easily gotten to so I could shut off the aft shower completely if I wanted to. Lots of cussing on my back, but got it done.

With this new enthusiasm, I attacked the bow shower/wash off assembly. Replace the handheld shower, but even after removing the stateroom bulkhead mirror, could not reach the nuts/joint to replace the hose without cutting another access hole. So now have a new wash down handle, with a 17+ year old hose...LOL.

Hello,
In my 2000 390 there is an inline tap (faucet?) behind a removable panel at the back of the floor level drop down door in the salon on the port side. This turns off the supply to the cockpit shower and faucet.
Yours may or may not be the same....
Good luck,
Clive

Back
Top Bottom