Country Flags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DougL

Hi
I just joined and wonder why no flag appears under the "Connected From" col. in "List All Users". I have checked off the display flag item in my settings.
Thanx

Doug, I don't know. Mine comes up blank as well. I'll keep working on it.

John

FYI, I can see the country flags just fine, as long as the person has picked one. I'm using IE explorer, 7.0.5....

John: my flag doesn't come up either and the box is checked in my "settings."* No big deal but thought you should know.

I see flags with IE 7.* Could be your browser?* We've seen strange things with different browsers.* Most of the issues are with Macs (primarily Safari).* I know the Hosting service is primarily concerned with Windows users.* However, with Macs gaining ground because of all the bad press on XP-ME, er, uh, I mean Vista; maybe we'll see more progress for those Mac users.
wink.gif

Hi
I am using ie7, and this is what I see when I click on "<u>List All Users</u>"

<table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="genmed"><tbody><tr><td class="row2">User </td><td class="row2">Last Active </td><td class="row2">Connected From </td></tr><tr><td class="row1">DougL</td><td height="20" class="row1">0 sec. </td><td class="row1">--</td></tr><tr><td class="row2">2bucks</td><td height="20" class="row2">8 sec. ago</td><td class="row2">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row1">Marin</td><td height="20" class="row1">2 min, 59 sec. ago</td><td class="row1">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row2">nomadwilly</td><td height="20" class="row2">3 min, 15 sec. ago</td><td class="row2">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row1">Ed</td><td height="20" class="row1">4 min, 26 sec. ago</td><td class="row1">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row2">Guest</td><td height="20" class="row2">9 min, 16 sec. ago</td><td class="row2">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row1">troy994719</td><td height="20" class="row1">10 min, 34 sec. ago</td><td class="row1">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row2">Jim Spence</td><td height="20" class="row2">19 min, 29 sec. ago</td><td class="row2">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row1">Guest</td><td height="20" class="row1">47 min, 34 sec. ago</td><td class="row1">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row2">Captain Hook</td><td height="20" class="row2">57 min. ago</td><td class="row2">--</td></tr><tr><td class="row1">Doc</td><td height="20" class="row1">1 hr, 5 min. ago</td><td class="row1">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row2">Guest</td><td height="20" class="row2">1 hr, 5 min. ago</td><td class="row2">--</td></tr><tr><td class="row1">Guest</td><td height="20" class="row1">1 hr, 8 min. ago</td><td class="row1">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr><tr><td class="row2">gns</td><td height="20" class="row2">1 hr, 20 min. ago</td><td class="row2">
f_US.gif
United States</td></tr></tbody></table>

I see the flags on the "Connected From" column.* If you say that your flag is not showing it is because the application cannot identify where your IP address is coming from.* Maybe you are not in a country?* Are you on this planet?
wink.gif

All kidding aside, if you will notice some of the Guests have a flag.* This "Connected From" lists shows where the app detects your originating IP.* As a member you can choose to turn the flag off.* Guests do not have that choice.* I would suspect that for some reason the app cannot tell where you are "coming from".* In other words, your IP is not recognized as being from a specific country.

Maybe one of our members that is out of the country can test this?* Just login and click "List All Users".* Let us know what flag pops up.*
smile.gif

I've just noticed that the flag is now appearing on the list, so someone (John?) has fixed something. Thanx
Doug

I'll take credit!!!...
smile.gif
~

I would like to use a country flag but here in California there is some question whether we use the American flag or the Mexican flag.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom