Hello from Vancouver Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeahLou

Vessel Name
Koru
Vessel Make
34 CHB North Sea Trawler
I recently purchased my first trawler, a 1978 34' North Sea CHB.

She's got good bones and ticks away nicely but needs some major TLC.

Are there any other BC folks here with a the same vessel that performed a refit of sorts? I specify BC so that I might be able to find locally sourced parts. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting others who have experience with the same boat. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome.

Plenty of BC folks here but I don't know that you will find one with the same vessel but you never know.

There are many places to find generic parts in BC. Parts specific to that boat/model are probably non-existent unless it's still in production. Things like engines, other propulsion items, steering components, deck hardware and ports are probably available from several sources. Things like special steps, doors, cabinets, trim and so on need to be made.
But I have a boat almost twice as old and don't have a problem with parts.

Thanks Lepke. I am working on replacing or repairing my aft cabin windows at the moment. I've gotten a couple of quotes for custom windows on the mainland and was looking for a more affordable source.

One of the issues that stumps new owners of older boats is that there are very few boats of any particular boat model around. As such, very few production boats are supported by parts suppliers such as you might find in older cars for example.

Absolutely dhays. I should have been more specific to state that I was looking for any CHB owners who had luck with sourcing good suppliers or fabricators for replacement windows etc. It was much easier to find replacements for my 1974 Ercison sloop I just sold as there are many of those kicking around or similar makes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom