12 volt inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
I need to buy a 12 volt inverter** what seems to be the perfered brand? Considering inverter or inverter charger

How much capacity do you need? Modified sine wave or pure sine wave. Inverter or inverter/charger. Mounted in a gasiline engine room or not? Built in transfer switch or not?

You have to be more specific to get a reasonable answer.

probably 2000, diesel motors not sure about sine wave price decides I guess

Magnum is what I will switch to if my Xantrex ever goes out. If----

I'm very pleased with my Magnum 3100W 160A unit!

The big consideration is weather there will be a requirement to start and run efficiently large AC motors.

Air cond , scuba compressor ot huge water maker will need a quality sine wave unit.

For a Home Cheepo refrigerator , the radar oven or most TV'a , and game toys a $200 /1700W chop chop unit will be fine.

The blender for Marguretias is dine with the chop chop .

I've had a 2000 watt Magnum in for 2 years now and am happy with it.
Steve W

My 40' Willard came with an Outback 2000 watt inverter charger.*Since*acquiring Northstar in mid-2007, the Outback has*been in continious operation 24/7/365.*It has never failed in any way --*I can't think of a better recommendation. Here is a link to the web site (click on "mobile" and look at*specs for the FX2012). Good luck!

*http://www.outbackpower.com/products/sinewave_inverter/

a 2000 magnum came with he boat and has the remote mounted in the cabin This inverter is currently not working should I just toss it or try and have it repaired? where is a good repair shop for this ? I am now in south florida,

motion30 wrote:
a 2000 magnum came with he boat and has the remote mounted in the cabin This inverter is currently not working should I just toss it or try and have it repaired? where is a good repair shop for this ? I am now in south florida,

I would think the logical thing to do is to compare the cost of a repair against the cost of a replacement.

Have someone check and make sure the problem is actually with the inverter and not the boat wiring before you remove it for repairs.

Thanks this unit has been extensively tested by a top guy even magmum agrees it is broken What is everybodys experience with magnum been?

We have a 2800 watt OutBack inverter that has the 125 amp charger.* Like NorthStar we like it*and would buy another one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom