GB 36 for sale in Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
Ther'es an add on the bulletin board at the post office in Thorne Bay Alaska advertising a 36 GB for $30K that has twin Perkins engines. I do'nt know where the boat is but suspect it's in Craig. The interesting part is that the engines are 87hp. Most likely a 4 cyl version of the 6-354. I've always thought smaller engines in a twin GB would be better. There was one on the east coast last year w twin 55hp Yanmar's. For your information.

Sounds right, Eric. Those are probably the Perkins 4.236 engines. Mine are called 85hp, but I've seen hp ratings range from 83-87 hp. A lot more vibration and noise than the 6.354s, but efficient and reliable. What it lacks is the ability to hit 11-15 Kts to outrun weather or keep up with following seas.

I'd love to see what a $30,000 GB36 looks like up close.

A $30,000 GB36 might be a*bit sketchy.* They seem to be averaging about $125k to $190k across the country, depending of build material, year, etc.

FlyWright wrote:
I'd love to see what a $30,000 GB36 looks like up close.
The ones I have seen, even woodies, have not been pretty.* The poor economy these days will probably get a person more boat for the money up to a point, but while $30K might get someone a usable GB36 woodie right now, any fiberglass GB36, even one of the very first ones like ours, will be in major-project condition at $30k unless it's a distress sale where getting rid of the boat is more important than the price received.

I'll take the camera to Craig next wednsday and see what I can find if it's not blow'in 30 and snow'in or raining.

Thanks, Eric. Don't forget a shot of the anchor. But for only $30K, I bet it's a Bruce. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom