Photo Gallery - All Members Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinship

"Kinship", 2010 North Pacific 43

Attachments

• DJI_0221.jpg
    DJI_0221.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF5174.jpg
    DSCF5174.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 86
Interesting;
Big bow wave and following wave almost non-existent. ?
Re #442

Sharp eyes, Eric!

Lily, the naval architect at the yard that built this COOT

LILY%20SM.jpg

talked me into trying a different hull design. Common for work boats that never plan to reach full hull speed, the design provides for a bigger prop. Also, improved fuel economy and depressed stern waves because the stern wave come up under neath the hull and is diverted aft. We'll see, still testing.
WVUB1120.jpg

6 Kt low speed and 7 Kt high speed cruise no problem with a Tier III BETA Kabota based 85 HP engine.
Coot%2038%27%20%20Profile-L.jpg

Dang, she looks fat, Bill. What’s the beam? Same power as Mark’s?

"Fish Eye" lens on the drone distorts things a bit.

38' 11" LOA; 12' 10" Beam. Fits in a 40' flat rack for economical shipping. My cost China to Oakland, $10,000 USD. Fifteen feet to the edge of the container port dock and lowered to the water, $11,600 USD! You can see why many So Cal imported yachts are delivered to Ensenada, Mexico.

42' LOA with stern platform lowered.
Folding%20stern%20platform-M.jpg

Engine is Beta 85, same HP as Mark's.

TDunn - she's done beautifully! Perfect, to my eye, preservation of the character of the boat. Lot of work there. Appreciate you posting the vid.

Mahalo, our Hampton Endurance 658:

Attachments

• at the dock-200656.jpg
    at the dock-200656.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 54
38' 11" LOA; 12' 10" Beam. Fits in a 40' flat rack for economical shipping. My cost China to Oakland, $10,000 USD. Fifteen feet to the edge of the container port dock and lowered to the water, $11,600 USD! You can see why many So Cal imported yachts are delivered to Ensenada, Mexico. ...

My Coot's transport from China to Oakland cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $27,000 seven years ago. :banghead:

Mahalo, our Hampton Endurance 658:

Your fenders are more than mine five per side! Perhaps we have similar docking issues.

My Coot's transport from China to Oakland cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $27,000 seven years ago. :banghead:

True, at that time the flat rate "flat rack" option wasn't available and expensive bulk cargo rates were charged. Considering the longshoreman's "charges" its about $5,000 difference.
Unnamed.jpg

Your fenders are more than mine five per side! Perhaps we have similar docking issues.

You are right, Mark, I hadn't even noticed. My buddy that was along deployed the fenders. I guess he didn't want a rookie crunching his new toy!

True, at that time the flat rate "flat rack" option wasn't available and expensive bulk cargo rates were charged. Considering the longshoreman's "charges" its about $5,000 difference.
Unnamed.jpg

Bill and Stella,
I transported an 18’ OB boat on the same thing from Alaska. The “flat rack” probably weighed much more than the boat/trlr and also took up much more space. It accommodated the trlr tounge and OB overhang. I think it was a cheaper than blocking it up issue.

Tha "last one" (for the moment :) !)

After sold with regrets our "baby"
Trawler long-cours - Génèse, construction et navigation(s) d'un trawler ou passagemaker de 19 m en aluminium.

We bought in March 2017 an ex Custom patrol boat, she could be a good "base" to transform her in a passage-maker because "old" concept (it means long, narrow, light) as you can see on the consumption at low speed with smaller engines it could really be right :
Trawleurisation d'une ex vedette rapide !? - Trawler long-cours

But the arrangement could not (or with too big change) adapted for my old mother... We sold her (the boat not my mother ...too old to get profit !:D)

And finally for the moment we bought this one, 20,30 m at deck length, 21,34 hull length, Beam 5,80 , Draft 1,55m, Displacement 47 t (light !!) , and 51tx.
Who follow us know for us she is : too hight, too beamy, too heavy, too big engines, too much draft.... but for the moment not another choice ...

Attachments

• Last One.jpg
    Last One.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
^^^ Looks pretty sweet at that angle

Why did you sell the 1st one if it sounds like what you wanted?

Last edited:
@Simi 60
We sold "Hoa" because she was built as an "off road" boat and now my old mother have some brain problems and it let tow choice for us take her with us or in house for old people ...
Our Hoa was not comfortable enough for old people ( euh ... older than me :confused:;))
This one she is , we will try ...
At less she is from the same designer and same material :D

Hoa is one Land Rover and this one a Range Rover

Attachments

• Silhouette Pacific 72.jpg
    Silhouette Pacific 72.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Here is Chesapeake, our Mainship 30 Pilot II docked in Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard last Summer. We are leaving from Branford, CT tomorrow and heading back there via Mystic, Watch Hill and Newport with return stops at Block and Greenport NY.

Attachments

• Chesapeake.jpg
    Chesapeake.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your mother, I have a mother in law and grandmother suffering with dementia so maybe have an idea as what you are going through.

Quite the boat but 700+ x 2?
I can hear them sucking from here (-;

https://www.youboat.com/fr/l-smg/tous-bateaux/pacific/pacific-72

You are right , I really don't understand why they put so big engines in "trawler" , even with our 215X2 Perkins on Hoa we saw we had "too" much power, in real life we need (in good weather condition) les than 200 hp (total) to run at 9,8 kts .
Even the ex patrol boat need very little power to run at "low speed" :

• 5,45 nds -------- 13,40 lt/h -------- 2,46 lt/mille mimimum speed on one engine
  • 7,81 nds -------- 24,24 lt/h -------- 3,10 lt/mille
  • 8,00 nds -------- 27,54 lt/h -------- 3,44 lt/mille
  • 9,00 nds -------- 35,93 lt/h -------- 3,99 lt/mille
  • 10,00 nds -------- 47,90 lt/h -------- 4,79 lt/mille
Fit smaller engine could be an option, but they have only 680 h
At 9.5 kts the former owner said less than 40lt per hour and he was happy with that ...But compared with Hoa 1,85lt per mille at 9,8 kts or even with the patrol boat ... She pay her beamy hull and relativity short waterline for her weight.

You are right , I really don't understand why they put so big engines in "trawler" , even with our 215X2 Perkins on Hoa we saw we had "too" much power, in real life we need (in good weather condition) les than 200 hp (total) to run at 9,8 kts .
Even the ex patrol boat need very little power to run at "low speed" :

• 5,45 nds -------- 13,40 lt/h -------- 2,46 lt/mille mimimum speed on one engine
  • 7,81 nds -------- 24,24 lt/h -------- 3,10 lt/mille
  • 8,00 nds -------- 27,54 lt/h -------- 3,44 lt/mille
  • 9,00 nds -------- 35,93 lt/h -------- 3,99 lt/mille
  • 10,00 nds -------- 47,90 lt/h -------- 4,79 lt/mille
Fit smaller engine could be an option, but they have only 680 h
At 9.5 kts the former owner said less than 40lt per hour and he was happy with that ...But compared with Hoa 1,85lt per mille at 9,8 kts or even with the patrol boat ... She pay her beamy hull and relativity short waterline for her weight.

I saw on Caterpillar website the C12 could be rated at "only" 340 hp may be a possibility in the future ?
https://www.goughcat.co.nz/power-systems/marine-power-systems/18367636

Nordic Blue

Our (Swedish) Nimbus 380 Commander 'Nordic Blue' anchored in Smokehouse Bay, Great Barrier Island, NZ.

Our photo disappeared from our previous post so here are four including our recently installed 450w solar array and one evening meal.

10378-albums746-picture4527.jpg

10378-albums746-picture4526.jpg
10378-albums746-picture4528.jpg
10378-albums746-picture4529.jpg

Most recent photo of Badger in Kitsaway Anchorage, north coast BC, Canada, showing off the new "temporary/seasonal hard-ish supported by the boom bimini"

Attachments

• Badger, Kitsaway, Aug 3, 2018.jpg
    Badger, Kitsaway, Aug 3, 2018.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 73
Most recent photo of Badger in Kitsaway Anchorage, north coast BC, Canada, showing off the new "temporary/seasonal hard-ish supported by the boom bimini"
Wow! Your boat is a sister to ours, love the bimini top you have! We have been trying to design ours and yours looks just like what we have been talking about. What material is it made from? We got sidetracked when our Pathfinder blew a head gasket and we are in the process of repowering it. What kind of engine do you have in yours?

Another quick question. Did you order or make it yourself. If you ordered it, from where?

Wow! Your boat is a sister to ours, love the bimini top you have! We have been trying to design ours and yours looks just like what we have been talking about. What material is it made from? We got sidetracked when our Pathfinder blew a head gasket and we are in the process of repowering it. What kind of engine do you have in yours?

#1) Beware of advice on the Internet :ermm:

Ours isn't made to stay up all winter (houses here are rated to 90 pounds per square foot for snow loads) so is made to disassemble easily. It's also not made for hurricane force winds because we only get those during winter storms.

As you can see from the stern view, we have a big dinghy for the two of us, our daughter, a couple Yorkies, a 140 pound Pyrenees cross dog (Canis Mastodonis) and camera gear.

That's why the boom is there, with a manual boat winch mounted closer to the mast, because the dinghy is heavy and impossible for one person to hoist by themselves. The 2x6 near the water has modified Weaver Snap Davits that the dinghy pivots on when being hoisted. It was whacked together one weekend about four years ago (after some thought) and is still hanging on...

The framework of the bimini is made from milled, solid pieces of fir. Don't know the dimension of the wood...I just scoured the local hardware supply store to find one with the length and flexibility needed. These were then painted with Kilz white primer.

I pieced the framework together in place, attaining the curvature by placing individual pieces over the boom and tying their ends to railings or grab bars.

Once the pieces across the boat were in place, I then 'weaved' the lengthwise bits into place. Once all was 'good enough' I drilled holes where the pieces crossed, and fastened them with stainless steel bolts. They were then numbered, taken apart, brought home, then reassembled on our driveway where the four 4'x8' corrugated plastic panels were cut to fit.

The vertical pieces are simply plastic pipe through which the rope tying the fir pieces to the railings and grab bars are fastened. You can see the long untrimmed ends on the overhead shot. The vertical pieces offer no structural support, but are only there to stop wind from forcing the bimini downwards.

Height from aft deck is 6'4" at the outside edges.

Won't make the cover of any yachting magazines, but I don't tie white sweaters around my neck either :D

I answered your repower thread...a previous owner of ours put in a 100hp engine which I feel is too big. Hope you get back on the water really fast!!!

Attachments

• Badger, stern view with Whaly.jpg
    Badger, stern view with Whaly.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Badger, Bimini 1.jpg
    Badger, Bimini 1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Badger, Bimini 2.jpg
    Badger, Bimini 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
#1) Beware of advice on the Internet :ermm:

Ours isn't made to stay up all winter (houses here are rated to 90 pounds per square foot for snow loads) so is made to disassemble easily. It's also not made for hurricane force winds because we only get those during winter storms.

As you can see from the stern view, we have a big dinghy for the two of us, our daughter, a couple Yorkies, a 140 pound Pyrenees cross dog (Canis Mastodonis) and camera gear.

That's why the boom is there, with a manual boat winch mounted closer to the mast, because the dinghy is heavy and impossible for one person to hoist by themselves. The 2x6 near the water has modified Weaver Snap Davits that the dinghy pivots on when being hoisted. It was whacked together one weekend about four years ago (after some thought) and is still hanging on...

The framework of the bimini is made from milled, solid pieces of fir. Don't know the dimension of the wood...I just scoured the local hardware supply store to find one with the length and flexibility needed. These were then painted with Kilz white primer.

I pieced the framework together in place, attaining the curvature by placing individual pieces over the boom and tying their ends to railings or grab bars.

Once the pieces across the boat were in place, I then 'weaved' the lengthwise bits into place. Once all was 'good enough' I drilled holes where the pieces crossed, and fastened them with stainless steel bolts. They were then numbered, taken apart, brought home, then reassembled on our driveway where the four 4'x8' corrugated plastic panels were cut to fit.

The vertical pieces are simply plastic pipe through which the rope tying the fir pieces to the railings and grab bars are fastened. You can see the long untrimmed ends on the overhead shot. The vertical pieces offer no structural support, but are only there to stop wind from forcing the bimini downwards.

Height from aft deck is 6'4" at the outside edges.

Won't make the cover of any yachting magazines, but I don't tie white sweaters around my neck either :D

I answered your repower thread...a previous owner of ours put in a 100hp engine which I feel is too big. Hope you get back on the water really fast!!!
Thanks for the pictures and instructions, definitely going to give it a try. Looks great, the best one we've seen on a sundowner. Your response to our repowering effort also was helpful. I believe we are going with a Yanmar 80 hp. Hope it works out for us.

Badger anchored a couple days ago in Owyacumish/Brim River Bay, Gardner Canal, north coast BC, Canada:

Attachments

• Badger, Brim, Gardner.jpg
    Badger, Brim, Gardner.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Looking up the Owyacumish/Brim River valleys:

Attachments

• DSCF0907.jpg
    DSCF0907.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 52
Damn. So nice!

Yup, it's my favourite "anchorage" so far :thumb: :thumb:

The first photo was looking west, and the second one was looking north. Here's the southern and eastern views from the same small bay;

Attachments

• Badger, Brim, Gardner, South.jpg
    Badger, Brim, Gardner, South.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Badger, Brim, Gardner, East.jpg
    Badger, Brim, Gardner, East.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom