Volvo Penta MD3B Rebuild - Parts Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stxray

Vessel Name
Al Dente
Vessel Make
Albin 25
Hi Guys,
I'm in the process of rebuilding my MD3B engine.:banghead: I have most of the parts sourced but need some help finding a Cylinder Head (833153) and the Oil Pump (807476).:blush:
If anyone has one or both, or knows where I can snag one, I'd sure love to hear from you.
Thanks,
rs

I'm On It!

Thanks, will check it out.

I am pretty sure the 3 in the OP's MD3B engine means a three cylinder. Doubt if a two cylinder head will work.

David

Good News - Parts Found

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to find an MD2B on Craig's List. I pulled the Head and the Oil Pump and both look to be in good condition.:D

David is partially correct in that the 1, 2 or 3 in MD1B, MD2B, and MD3B does refer to the number of cylinders. However, they share many of the same parts. Since these engines have separate heads for each cylinder, the heads are interchangeable as are most internal parts.

If anyone is looking for parts, ring me up as I now have an engine I'll be parting out.

Are these guys seawater cooled?
If so I’d take a good look at the water jackets ect to get a rough idea how long the base engine will last.
You may get some parts and good advice on the Albin forum as many of these engines were original equipment in the 25’ Sweedish boat.

Back
Top Bottom