Stuck window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghost0070

Vessel Name
Rosie
Vessel Make
American Tug 34
7/31/2018

[bookmarked] Stuck window
The port side aft sliding window has become stuck. I’ve tried silicon and water rinsing to no avail. I can move widow vertically about 1/4 inch but no movement in the track. I normally would take sledge hammer to it but thought to try the forum for idea.Thanks.

7/31/2018

[bookmarked] Stuck window
The port side aft sliding window has become stuck. I’ve tried silicon and water rinsing to no avail. I can move widow vertically about 1/4 inch but no movement in the track. I normally would take sledge hammer to it but thought to try the forum for idea.Thanks.

Can you take the window out of the track? I have had some get stuck due to dirt or mildew maybe. On mine, I take off the top wood molding. Then the track is screwed on with some tiny screws, may have to cut a few if window is in the way.
The window then tips inward with the track still on.

I agree that removing the window is the best way. I have a can of spray white lithium grease I use on stuck things. Have to use caution or it will make quite the mess. Maybe try the grease 1st, then remove the window? Sometimes I spray the grease on a piece or cardboard and use a Q-tip or a small acid brush.

I would keep going with the water rinse.
Almost certainly stuck with salt deposit.

Just dissolve it with hot water in the track.
Might take several tries but should work.

Back
Top Bottom