This is sad....But might be a good deal for someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Ouchh!!! I hate reading FS ads like this one (especially since it's the same boat as mine!!!!).

The poor guy ran aground and the boat nearly sank....Awful situation for the owner BUT could be the deal of the century for someone else! Buy the salvage for $20k and have a NOT impossible at all project on their hands?? It seems like no hull damage from the grounding. I think this Troll can fly again! Or at least swim....LMAO

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/20...United-States?refSource=standard#.W2JvkWzD9ok

Last edited:
20k$ for salvage, add to this that all woodwork inside would have suffered from water, that you may deal with mold, engine may be dead or damaged as well as genset, all electrical/electronic may have to be changed/rewired etc etc looks like a lot of work/investment for me.

But for 5k and someone who have time/skills to renovate her well why not.

L

I see the list is $45K, but they acknowledge it is a suggested price. There is no mention of $20K anywhere.

There is a reason these boats are totaled by the insurance company. Rewiring the entire boat will be significant. When all is said and done, I would expect to be upside-down with this boat. It is worth more in salvaged parts.

A little off topic but I had a question. The ad says:

"This Camano 31 was attempting to navigate away from a barge in the ICW when she grounded and had water wash over her transom. She flooded and was nearly a full sinker. She listed to port with the water level up to the port side cabin top and was recovered and hauled promptly."

I know these situations can happen very fast, but would it have sunk if the rear door was shut? For example, if you are in a heavy following sea situation, is it best to keep the door shut?

Water up to the cabin...it WAS sunk in my estimation.

Someone is trying to down play with wording.

A couple years ago there was a Bayliner 4788 for sale in BC. It had been sunk, then rewired and re-powered. The Yachtworld listing simply said something like "completely redone interior, rewired and repowered with new engines" without disclosing the reason why it had those "upgrades".

I'd rather have a boat that was run aground and had hull damage than one that sunk. The damage of salt water is so extensive and getting rid of all the residual odor a huge challenge. Everything is subject to needing replacement.

If you can do your own work, the boat may have some minimum value. If you have to pay to get the work done, it likely has negative value as it sits.

The $20k number was just a number that popped into my head. I agree that that may be way too high of a number. Maybe as Lou said , $5k would be good!

Ouchh!!! I hate reading FS ads like this one (especially since it's the same boat as mine!!!!).

The poor guy ran aground and the boat nearly sank....Awful situation for the owner BUT could be the deal of the century for someone else! Buy the salvage for $20k and have a NOT impossible at all project on their hands?? It seems like no hull damage from the grounding. I think this Troll can fly again! Or at least swim....LMAO

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/20...United-States?refSource=standard#.W2JvkWzD9ok

Have the same boat and situation here in Ketchikan. The one here, outfitted with the same top house canvas and such, was sunk raised and engine flushed. It has been purchased from the insurance company by a speculator in California. I called him for information and at that time he was looking for $20,000.00.
I agree with the poster here commenting on the cost of a full re-do of wiring and interior work, also the power is a Volvo, which maybe problamatic if need replaced.
My inquiry was some months ago and the boat sits as it was on the hard in a local marina.
Thought given to pulling the engine, shaft,rudder and going with a 250 hp Honda on a bracket for about a $30,000 package. At at the time guy sounded like he was under water on the deal, bought it sight unseen and doesn't know what to do with it and is paying dry storage rent at the same time. Don't know the current status outside it has not changed at the marina.

Al-Ketchikan

Make him a low-ball offer and see if he takes it. In another month, make him an offer a little lower.

Back
Top Bottom