Old 08-02-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
dhays
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsimmonspi View Post
I have a 1987 Jefferson. Although it’s called a motoryacht I run it like a trawler for fuel efficiency. Purchased on the Chesapeake in 2001. Winter 2003/2004 took it down to Melbourne, Fl. Began to notice that after several hours of cruising, I began listing to starboard. The only remedy while underway was to shut off fuel from the port tank, forcing the engines to feed off the starboard side. I can’t get to anything having to do with a tank vent, except the crome end on the outside hull. I had to install a fuel transfer pump to level the boat in the slip even after short day trips. Any thoughts?

Welcome.

Do you have fuel level gauges and or sight glass for each tank? Does it show that your starboard fuel level becomes greater than the port?

I know nothing about your boat, but the first thing I would check would be your fuel return. Where do your engines return their fuel? Some boats have fuel manifolds that can allow you to return fuel to one tank or the other. Maybe your fuel is being returned to the starboard tank?

Does the boat run equally well on either the port or starboard tank?

Do you have a vacuum gauge on your primarily filter and does it show the same regardless of which tank you are drawing from?

If you are running on the starboard tank only, do you ever develop a list to port?

Smarter folks than I will have some better suggestions.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote