Howdy from Alabama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffonthehook

Hello everyone! I am about 5 years from fully retiring and I want to slowly travel the waterways when I do. I found this forum and decided it looks like a good place to get smarter on everything Trawlers. I have never operated anything larger than a 17 ft Bayliner, so that is my level of expertise. My background is aviation maintenance so I don't have a problem getting my hands dirty. My plan is to spend the next 3-4 years getting smarter and shopping around for that perfect Trawler. Then spend the next 1-2 years slowly learning/fixing/operating everything about her before retiring and setting off for long term travel. I promise, I will try to minimize the noobie questions by scouring the archives first then researching via the internet.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard y'all. http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/boat-search-101-a-14905.html
This will get you started and ask away...

200w.gif

Welcome.. You will find plenty of trawlers on the rivers in the great state of Alabama.... ROLL TIDE !!!!

Welcome Jeff. It sounds like you have the right skills and attitude to be successful. Please don't be shy about asking newbie questions. That is how I learn.

Welcome Jeff. It sounds like you have the right skills and attitude to be successful. Please don't be shy about asking newbie questions. That is how I learn.

Thanks Dhays, I try to rely on myself first and foremost but you better believe I’ll be asking some questions especially when it comes to safety.

Back
Top Bottom