Drain plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molly

Vessel Name
La Bella Vita
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34T
I have a 2006 Mainship 34T with twins.
Where is the drain plug?
I have never seen a power boat without a plug.
I looked all around the transom area, along the keel (which is 1/2 the size of the single screw)
I would like to drain the bilge while on the hard. Maybe flush it out with soapy water?
This is my first year with the boat, still getting familiar.
Buddy

Look where your thru-hulls are, and you'll likely see 3 opposing bolts and bonding wires attach. Once you know that pattern, then look in likely places in your bilges (low spots) for that same kind of pattern... with nothing but an allen wrench "hole" in the middle of it all.

If you've got water in your bilges, you might have to wet vac first... and you'll want to know why/how the water's there.

-Chris

I have a 2006 Mainship 34T with twins.
Where is the drain plug?
I have never seen a power boat without a plug.
I looked all around the transom area, along the keel (which is 1/2 the size of the single screw)
I would like to drain the bilge while on the hard. Maybe flush it out with soapy water?
This is my first year with the boat, still getting familiar.
Buddy

I don’t think you will find one. Shop vac is used by many to get the last of the water out of bilge spaces that aren’t drained by a pump.

Also, before you start flushing the bilge, check with the yard. There can be very strict rules about disposing hazardous waste. Oil contaminated water is a hazardous waste in many locations.

Not all boats have them, other model owners may be the best help.

I don't think the Mainship Ts have a drainplug. Most boats of that size and larger don't. As far as putting one in goes, why? Where would you put it? The low point when in the water may not be the low point when on the hard. Plus, an enclosed boat like that doesn't usually take on water from rain or waves and how often would it be on the hard to use the drain anyway?

Ken

My '08 MS 34HT is a single and do have a plug in area just aft of tranny on Stbd side of the center chamber. It is close to the stringer and easily over looked.
Don't know about twins but I would start there as other compartments seem to drain towards there.

my 03 390 has a 1/2" npt plug at the lowest end of the keel right by the prop.
John

I was driving to work one day when I was stopped by a large Bertram crossing the road. It happened to be the last Bertram to come out of the Miami factory so I stopped to see the launch. As the travel lift lowered this huge boat into the Miami River, one of the big wigs there shouted “Did anyone remember to put in the plug?” Everybody laughed, there was no plug.

I don’t have a drain plug. Shop vac works fine with diesel boats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom