My heart just broke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henning

Veteran Member
I saw this one for sale (Norwegian site, click here for translated version - price approx 61k USD). I am departing on a year long tour of the European waterways with my own boat shortly, so this is simply not the time, but it breaks my heart that she will never be mine.

The ad doesn't specify what she was originally built for, but the fine lines in the foreship suggest that she might have been some kind of utility boat rather than a fishing vessel. She looks seaworthy enough for proper blue water cruising. The superstructure is kind of ugly, though it should offer excellent visibility and make her a fun boat to drive. I'm curious what she looked like originally.

This is one of those boats that could really take you places.

(apologies if this is not the right forum)

Hi Henning.
That boat looks like it could make you some money fishing, maybe its for sale due to Brexit and the Brits policing a 200 mile fishing exclusion zone.
If your coming down through Europe have a look at my post 'Windmills and Wine' on TF it might give you some ideas.
If I can help you in any way, just ask.
Skol.

T

Thanks, I will have a look at your writings. I'll also be sharing a bit about my trip, but that's a story for a different thread.

I doubt that this boat would be very economical to run as a fishing vessel. The ad mentions that she's currently set up as a live fish carrier with a total of 35 tons of tankage, which doesn't go anywhere these days. She might do well in the day charter trade, taking rich tourists out to the banks for cod, but they tend to prefer traditional looking boats, and that superstructure just ruins it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom