The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My Maine Boat

Vessel Name
Aluya
Vessel Make
1985 32' Grand Banks
Good morning. I just joined the site yesterday and was directed to this forum.

We are the new owners of a 1985 32' sweetheart of a Grand Banks. We looked a long time before finding this boat, but it was worth the wait. Our launch date is May 15, and then we'll have the surveyor come back and inspect the things that couldn't be done out of the water. The former owners have been terrific. They live just across the harbor, and will be available for a tour of the boat next week and also for tutorials as we get underway.

We knew we wanted this specific make and model because we chartered one for the past couple of summers, ten days each time, and found it easy to handle and very comfortable. We're a retired couple in our 70s. We're pretty sure this is our last boat and we wanted to make sure it was a good match. Previous boat was a 22' C-Dory that we bought new and had for ten seasons.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this forum.

Congratulations on finding just what you wanted!
Welcome!

Nice to see folks having fun with a boat that found them. Welcome aboard.

How about a few photos? We are 32-342.

The boat is still in the back row of a very crowded shed, so no photos yet. I'll post some after she's in the water.

You might want to bookmark the Grand Banks Owners Forum, good source of GB info. IAGBO :: Index

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard!

We're celebrating our first year aboard Shangri-La. Hope you love Aluya as much as we do our new home.

After about a year of searching my wife and I took possession of our GB32 about 6 weeks ago. I hope you enjoy your Aluya as much as we are our 32.
Cheers
Marc

Hi there OP. Im also coming from a C Dory , 25 cruiser ! Small world. Still waiting for your pics. Congrats

Thanks! We're currently two days into our first cruise on Aluya, and she's doing great. We couldn't be more comfortable. Unfortunately we ran all day in thick fog with no end in sight, so we're moored in a mid coast harbor until it lifts, no matter how long it takes. On the mooring next to us is a GB36 with liveaboards from South Carolina.

Sorry not to have posted pictures yet, South of Heaven. I'll try to figure out how to do it, but perhaps not until I'm home again towards the end of July.

Yes, we should be gloating on C-Brats ;) !

Last edited:
Thanks! We're currently two days into our first cruise on Aluya, and she's doing great. We couldn't be more comfortable. Unfortunately we ran all day in thick fog with no end in sight, so we're moored in a mid coast harbor until it lifts, no matter how long it takes. On the mooring next to us is a GB36 with liveaboards from South Carolina.

Sorry not to have posted pictures yet, South of Heaven. I'll try to figure out how to do it, but perhaps not until I'm home again towards the end of July.

Yes, we should be gloating on C-Brats ;) !

Very nice. I'll have my next boat soon. A Camano 31 troll, very excited!

The boat is great. We've had no problems with it and have learned to enjoy the slow pace. There are four 32' Grand Banks in our anchorage, with uniformly happy owners. We'll be heading down east soon for a couple of weeks. Did a 10-day cruise last year. This year we've had autopilot installed and the electronics synchronized better, plus some new upholstery. We love this boat.

How are you liking your Camano?

Last edited:
One thing that surprised us on our recent trip up the ICW from Florida to Maryland was how many "Thumbs Up" signals and "Beautiful boat" comments we got from passing vessels. We saw only one other GB 32 on the entire 8-week trip.
-- Tom
GB 32 #599

Ok folks I am envious of the GB 32. We are looking for one as we speak. My boat of choice, but they are scarce. Any leads would be great. Suggestions on model years and issues would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom