Hello from the Port of Everett, WA - New Members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ang

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Salish Star
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
Well we did it! After cruising in the Pacific Northwest for four years we decided a trawler would be the right boat for us. Previously we had a 32 footer with twin diesels built by a large builder that used to be located in Arlington, WA. Used to drive by the boat plant on my way to the grocery store, always looking in the yard to see what was being built. It was a fun boat to start the learning process. We are still novices.

But after a few years of practice, we (the “we” being my spouse, who is also on this forum as ‘SalishSailor”) decided on a boat designed to be more ‘sure footed’ for the Pacific Northwest. We started the search late in 2016. Looked at used boats on both coasts and gravitated to the ‘tug’ design. Last September we purchased Nordic Tug #32-300. We rechristened the boat ‘Salish Star’ and spent the next three months adding a few updates.

We have been having a ball with this boat. And I’m learning the ‘serenity’ of 7 knots. Look forward to seeing some of you on the Salish Sea and sharing posts on Trawler Forum.

Cheers,
Angelo

Welcome aboard. We bought a boat just north of Everett back in 2002. Nice area.

Reactions: Ang
Welcome aboard! We keep our boat in Everett as well!

Welcome! We look forward to crossing paths soon...

Welcom. I’ll keep a look out for “Salish Star”.

Back
Top Bottom