Long Time Listserv Member jumping ship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sawdustdad

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Buoy Scout
Vessel Make
Tiara 3700 Open
Been a member of the T&T Listserver for 20 years. Finally moving over to this forum. Not a trawler owner, currently have a Tiara 3700 Open, but have had a variety of boats over a lifetime of boating. Boat mostly on the Chesapeake and keep our boat at our house nearby. Retired a year ago, active with many hobbies, boating being just one. Looking forward to participating in the forum.

(Looks like I joined back in 2012, forgot about that. Have not been active here until now.)

Last edited:
Welcome

Welcome aboard. A lot of us don't have trawlers here. Hell, I don't even have a boat at the moment. We all seem to enjoy the trawler lifestyle though.

Welcome aboard. A lot of us don't have trawlers here. Hell, I don't even have a boat at the moment. We all seem to enjoy the trawler lifestyle though.

A boat is a boat is a boat. Many systems are the same across boat types. That's why I'm here.

At the time I joined the T&T Listserv, in 1997 or 1998, it was THE place for serious boaters to learn and share. Of course, since then, discussion forums have replaced List servers. The list serve is still active, though at a much lower rate than it used to be. Due to inability to post photos, etc., I think it's time has passed. Hence my decision to move over here.

Thanks for the welcomes. See you on the forums.

Ahoy!

Honestly, I didn't know Listserv was still alive.

Yo and watch that line in the water.

A boat is a boat is a boat. Many systems are the same across boat types. That's why I'm here.

At the time I joined the T&T Listserv, in 1997 or 1998, it was THE place for serious boaters to learn and share. Of course, since then, discussion forums have replaced List servers. The list serve is still active, though at a much lower rate than it used to be. Due to inability to post photos, etc., I think it's time has passed. Hence my decision to move over here.

Thanks for the welcomes. See you on the forums.

That sums up the decision when I moved a number of years ago. I think you will find way more depth and diversity here. Welcome.

Welcone aboard TF

Welcome back! You're going to like it a lot :)

After 20 years there is still a batch of us friends who trade lies back and forth on the T&T list. I think it will be around for a good while. I get the emails from T&T as they post rather than the digest, but I tend to wait for the email from Trawler Forum to look through the postings that way. And yes, a boat is pretty much a boat whether it was my GB42 Calypso or my 30 Pilot II Mainship. Systems is systems.

After 20 years there is still a batch of us friends who trade lies back and forth on the T&T list. I think it will be around for a good while. I get the emails from T&T as they post rather than the digest, but I tend to wait for the email from Trawler Forum to look through the postings that way. And yes, a boat is pretty much a boat whether it was my GB42 Calypso or my 30 Pilot II Mainship. Systems is systems.

Hi, Rich,

Yes, you may recognize my real name, Frank Timpano, from the T&T list. I joined that listserv in 97 or 98--shortly after it was formed. Had a Hatteras DCMY at the time. A couple different Tiaras since then.

There were not many boating resources on the internet that actually dealt with real boat issues back then. Also, at that time everyone was so concerned about bandwidth, (many were using modems), so every character was precious, and you got reamed for not snipping headers and footers. LOL. I just unsubscribed last week after all these years.

Nice to see another familiar face in a planing hull on here. I've got, what, 10 posts? I've already been called out for not having a trawler and asked why I'm on this forum. Chalked that up to someone in a bad mood.

See ya around!

Frank

Hi, Rich,

Yes, you may recognize my real name, Frank Timpano, from the T&T list. I joined that listserv in 97 or 98--shortly after it was formed. Had a Hatteras DCMY at the time. A couple different Tiaras since then.

There were not many boating resources on the internet that actually dealt with real boat issues back then. Also, at that time everyone was so concerned about bandwidth, (many were using modems), so every character was precious, and you got reamed for not snipping headers and footers. LOL. I just unsubscribed last week after all these years.

Nice to see another familiar face in a planing hull on here. I've got, what, 10 posts? I've already been called out for not having a trawler and asked why I'm on this forum. Chalked that up to someone in a bad mood.

See ya around!

Frank

===

Some of us still have a foot in each door. I've learned a lot from T&T over the years and have also met some interesting people. I'm a newcomer here so the jury is still out. :)

Hey, Frank. Yeah, as I recall Georgs, who created the list in the first place placed a premium on welcoming all who wished to learn and contribute about living and cruising under power. While nobody ever droned on about the wonder of sailing with the lee rail under on a "taut bowline" and the advantages of various sail combinations, sailboaters who understood the value of the offerings lurked or occasionally joined in with value-added points on equipment discussions. And there are lots of people in planing hull boats who trudge along at hull speed on longer journeys. And then there are those of us in planing hulls with far many more years of previous experience in trawlers who have not forgotten ANYTHING we learned there. I also enjoy the Mainship Yahoo group but find that overall the experience level there is well below what you find here and on the Trawlers and Trawlering list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom