Difference between a Mainship 34 and 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sunken galley.... HUGE negative as the admiral is out of the conversation loop down there. Our dirt home, the kitchen is the focal point of home and that works great.

FWIW, our galley is down -- 3 steps -- but that doesn't really take the cook out of the crowd. When it's me, I haven't felt isolated from the rest of the saloon...

Different boat, of course, so maybe not applicable... but at least for us, the galley down arrangement has been a non-issue...

-Chris

Server
It sounds like the onboard look at both has changed some of your priorities...
That can be part of the learning process and OK it a conscious change vs a bit of waffling on needs vs wants.
Sounds like overnight guests aboard is now a reqmt vs a 2 person boat.

Server
It sounds like the onboard look at both has changed some of your priorities...
That can be part of the learning process and OK it a conscious change vs a bit of waffling on needs vs wants.
Sounds like overnight guests aboard is now a reqmt vs a 2 person boat.

Bacchus,
The extra stateroom is not a requirement, but a "nice to have". Either for guests or junk.

I've had three smaller boats with two staterooms (well, a sleeping spot, not really a stateroom, however one was very comfortable for overnight guests. Two of the three have never had an overnight guest, and the other one has had a guest twice overnight in 10 years. So not a priority.

The "down" galley is much more of a negative. In my dirt home, the kitchen consumes half of the living/dining space and is without a doubt the focal point. Love it that way. My Admiral is only 5'1" and would disappear in the sunken galley and I know for a fact that she would not like it. But, still, could do with it.

But choosing boats is a lot of personal preference.

mainship 40 vs mainship 34

I have owned a mainship 34 2006 yr for 2 years. At first I wanted a 40ft because of the 2nd stateroom etc. After looking at the 34 and 40 for 11mo I purchased a 34. The 40 does have a 2nd stateroom and a $50000 dif in price.
The 34 has the same flybridge,same beam and about 2ft less length.
the main plus about the 34 is the salon set up.
With the galley/salon set up in the 40 there is seating for 3. The 34 has seating for at least 5 because the galley with its sink cooktop etc allows seating on the galley side only by putting chairs in front of the galley. I have never seen this complain about the 40. Maybe its just me?

Back
Top Bottom