Perko Stainless strainer basket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captcarp

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Navigator
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy/Europa 36
I have a Perko raw water strainer with a stainless steel basket (3 3/16” diam x 12 3/16” length). Basket is falling apart at welded seem and has a few areas where mesh is deteriorating. I can’t seem to locate a replacement on Perko website or elsewhere. Be real nice if I could find plastic replacement (I remember seeing something on this forum about plastic replacement but search doesn’t locate discussion).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Why not just give them a quick call or email?

sales@perko.com

They are in Miami.

I've always found them very helpful.:thumb:

Ten years ago I took mine to a welder who fixed and/or made me a new basket. Less expensive too...

My old company stocked them. Give them a call. 800 595 9656
Ask for Ronny or Manny.
Strainers & Parts
I don’t think Perko offers plastic baskets. Groco does but they are not interchangeable with Perko.

Thanks to all for responses. I could not find a part number on either the strainer or basket. Turns out dimensions indicate that it is a 0493 series strainer and one of the vendors suggested in responses has it in stock so I ordered. Thanks again to all and again this forum turns out to be an incredible resource (especially valuable when I’m traveling and currently have very limited and expensive phone and internet access).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom