Best weather buoy app?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
Pretty sure this has been discussed before, but are there any accuracy standouts for the east coast?

I'd be curious, too. The one I've used on Android, "LiveWeather," doesn't show any data any more. I just go to the noaa.gov web site now, but I'd be interested in a better app if anyone has a suggestion.

If they pull the real-time buoy data from the source, no one app is going to be more accurate than any other. It's more about the ease of use and clarity of the display.

I see that WindyTV has wave height, swell and period data. I’ve used it for wind but not sea conditions. Does anybody have any thoughts on WindyTV’s accuracy?

If you travel outside the US there are no NOAA buoy, i.e. BC. You will have to access Environmental Canada web page. I use Siris marine weather linked to my display.

I see that WindyTV has wave height, swell and period data. I’ve used it for wind but not sea conditions. Does anybody have any thoughts on WindyTV’s accuracy?

Yes. I have. The sea conditions, wave heights and periods are as accurate as the wind speed and direction, which is normally not off by more than 50%.

So, I don't look at wave heights or periods anymore since I'm sure to be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom