View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #2
HeadMistress
Guru

City: AR
My problem is the head to tank hose is routed behind the bathroom sink and shower and not assessable. I was able to get a camara up there and can see the hose is ty-wrapped with other hoses and wires.

Oh yikes...I HATE it when boat builders do that! At least it's not neatly C-clamped to the hull every few feet as it was on a 38 Bayliner MY...hoses that ran all the way from the forward berth to the cockpit. We had to to open up one whole side of the boat get 'em out.

Is there any tool with a cutting edge on a long handle you can get to the tie wrap (hopefully only one)? If not you may have to cut out an access panel to get to it.
Not the worst thing 'cuz if you can make a nice clean cut you can put it back and hold it in place with some nice trim and velcro.

Once you get the hose loose, it may (fingers crossed) be possible to connect the new hose to the old using a male-male connector (glue the hoses onto it...duct tape won't hold and clamps will get hung up) and pull the new hose through as you pull the old hose out.

I'm available offer any help you need to get everything sorted out, so feel free to give me a PM shout if you need me.

--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote